Green at Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle Event Sustainability
Oracle is committed to the development of practices and products that protect the environment. The sustainability vision for all of our events, including Oracle OpenWorld Latin America 2011, is to support Oracle`s environmental policies and to build a leadership position by improving the attendee experience through sustainable ideas and practices. We`ve made a lot of progress and we recognize there is still a lot of work to be done in order to achieve our goals. Most of our progress is enhanced by partnerships with our vendors who help reduce impacts.
Since 2007 Event sustainability at OpenWorld has:
- Oracle and Rio 360 Comunicação have developed an onsite recycling program for event waste;
- Saved $1.3 million in net costs;
- Prevented 21 trucks of trash entering landfill;
- Conserved enough water to fill 2 Olympic swimming pools;
- Reduced energy use sufficient to power 47 homes for a year;
- Curbed emissions equivalent to taking 106 cars off the road for a year.
Onsite Recycling Program
Please make sure your team recycles or donates any material by using the bins provided.
Our Initiatives Include:
- Ecobags made from biodegradable non woven fabrics (TNT).
- Bio Resin PLA (polylactic acid) pens made using corn starch.
- Banners made of recycled PET plastic canvas.
- Production team uniforms made from recycled PET plastic.
- Biodegradable foam board using adhesives with water based glue.
- Banner canvas produced for the event will be reused by a local NGO.
- Generators powered using biodiesel fuel.
- Lighting and sound equipment is more efficient, including a majority of low-power LED lights.
- Signed bins for recyclable and non-recyclable materials will be provided within the Transamerica Expo Center.
What You Can Do
- Recycle materials onsite using the bins provided.
- Prioritize use of local apparel/materials and sustainable products.
- Plan your staff and equipment transportation in a way to save fuel and vehicle usage.
- Train your team to contribute to our sustainability program onsite.
We look forward to working with you in a successful “Green” event!