Thank you to those who attended the live 'In Touch' partner cast on 4th April - we hope you enjoyed it and found it valuable!
In the single biggest hardware announcement since Oracle's acquisition of Sun in 2010, Oracle recently launched the groundbreaking T5 SPARC processor and M5 server. These products are the culmination of a long phase of strategic investment and both are set to reposition Oracle and its partners in the market.
In this webcast, David Callaghan and his studio guests Sue Oliva, VP Oracle Systems Product Management & Operations and Olivier Tordo, Senior Director, A&C Sales Strategy, Hardware explain the opportunities this announcement will bring to partners.
Facts You Need To Know
The class-leading T5 SPARC and M5 offer game-changing performance:
- 2x database performance acceleration
- 4x JD Edwards response time improvements
- 11x PeopleSoft price/performance ratio improvements
These new products now place Oracle in a leading position in the market.
Oracle have incorporated database, middleware and application functionalities into the design of the processor making this Oracle on Oracle stack a compelling reality.
All products are now available for order.
More than 500 partners have been trained in advance of the announcement.
Opportunities For Partners
Gartner predict by 2015, 35% of purchases will be for engineered systems solutions. With these new products, Oracle and partners are now able to compete for the other 65% looking to purchase best of breed products.
Partners selling Oracle hardware products are eligible for 8% rebate margin through online registrations (OMM).
For hardware partners there has never been a better time to engage (or reengage) on SPARC and Solaris. The new technologies offer great opportunities for partners to both refresh and grow their install base.
For software partners the optimized environment offers predictable high performance and a single point of contact for ease of support.
Oracle software runs best on Oracle hardware so all partners will benefit from looking beyond their specialism and considering how the whole Oracle stack can offer customers a more complete solution at the best price/performance point.
REPLAY THIS 'IN TOUCH' WEBCAST NOW!