Oracle Business Intelligence for Utilities (OBIU) is a product suite which provides customers with analytical capabilities for Oracle Utilities products. It enables customers to immediately start analysis of their data, once they've installed the product suite and run the initial extract and load routines. It covers various Oracle Utilities transactional / operational products: Customer Care and Billing (CC&B), Meter Data Management (MDM), Mobile Workforce Management (MWM), Network Management System (NMS – specifically Outage Management) and Work and Asset Management (WAM).
Attendees will learn through course instruction and hands-on practice the concepts and technologies behind the OBIU product suite, including the product strategy. Basic Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence principles will be explained, such as differences between transactional processing systems and analytical systems, and the use of facts and dimensions.
The course will go into depth about the features, architecture, schema, ETL processes and implementation considerations. Where ever appropriate, while students will participate in hands-on exercises to show them some of the tasks they will encounter on a real project.
• Be able to talk about the OBIU strategy
• Provide detailed understanding of the different OBIU applications and their content
• Be able to recognize and talk about the architectural components of the OBIU Solution
• Be ready to further their Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence (DW/BI) reading
• Provide basic understanding of OBIEE 11g
• Provide detailed information on OBIU Architecture and Schema
• Be able to explain the role of OWB and various components
• Be able to explain the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process
• Configure basic Answers in Oracle Business Intelligence
• Provide details on how to extend OBIU Schema using User Defined Fields/Dimensions/Measures
• Discuss various key success factors to be considered while implementing OBIU applications
• Business Intelligence Developers
• Database Administrators
• Database Designers
• Functional Implementers
• Sales Consultants
• System Administrators
• Technical Consultants
To enroll in OPN Boot Camps, please search offerings currently available using Oracle's Global Events Calendar.
Note: Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by Boot Camp and geographic region, and partners should check the instance details for the Boot Camp(s) they are interested in attending. (OPN Cancellation Policy)
If you want to attend to a Boot Camp that you don't see on the schedule, or if you would like to request that we deliver a Boot Camp in a specific location or at a specific date, send us a request.