This Boot Camp provides an overview of the features and functions of the Enterprise Communications Session Border Controller (SBC). It focuses on SBC platform, designed to protect, centralize, manage, route and enhance the signaling and media protocols used in an enterprise or service provider communications network. SBC uses open, industry standards such as SIP and RTP, among other. Leading customer use cases include vendor agnostic SIP trunking and registrar functions, accounting and advanced SIP manipulation rules, integration with existing multi-vendor UC platform and vendor agnostic interoperability for UC, advanced DDoS protection, transcoding, dial-plan seamless integration, interworking functions, signaling and media encryption, Carrier grade High Availability and many others.
This training will prepare participants to take and pass the Oracle Communications Session Border Controller 7 Basic Implementation Essentials Certification Exam.
Participants should first read the Oracle Communications Session Border Controller 7 Basic Exam Study Guide (PDF) and listen to the recorded webinar Introduction to the Oracle Communications Session Border Controller 7 Basic Implementation Essentials Exam.
• Describe the SBC and the SIP-based network challenges that it solves
• Design, or redesign, a network to facilitate an SBC solution: plan SBC integration with a customer's network
• Describe the primary functions of the SBC: purpose, features, benefits, architecture, and operation
• Perform Initial and Setup procedures on a new SBC
• Configure an SBC to perform its primary functions: plan and create common configurations
• Operate and maintain an SBC solution and test basic functionality: deployment models (Peering and Access-Backbone)
• Access and use the troubleshooting tools: use Acme Command-Line Interface (ACLI) commands
Duration: The Enterprise Communications Session Border Controller Basic Implementation Boot Camp is a four (4) days, hands-on workshop.
Note: The duration is intended for general reference. The Boot Camp instructor may recommend a different approach in rolling the class. Students are required to check the Boot Camp duration for the scheduled event they are interested in.
• Administration management
• Network design
• Configuring and provisioning
To enroll in Oracle Communications Boot Camps, please search offerings currently available using Oracle's Global Events Calendar.
Note: Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by Boot Camp and geographic region, and partners should check the instance details for the Boot Camp(s) they are interested in attending. (OPN Cancellation Policy)
If you want to attend to a Boot Camp that you don't see on the schedule, or if you would like to request that we deliver a Boot Camp in a specific location or at a specific date, send us a request.