The Oracle Utilities Network Management System (Oracle Utilities NMS) is a common architecture supporting both Oracle Utilities Outage Management System (Oracle Utilities OMS) and Oracle Utilities Distribution Management System (Oracle Utilities DMS). These solutions are real-time, integrated, and configurable software systems that help utilities reduce restoration times, improve operational efficiency, and safeguard workers and the public.
The goal of the Oracle Utilities NMS Fundamentals Boot Camp is designed to offer end-users, sales channels, and implementers of the Oracle Utilities Network Management System an overview of the electrical distribution utility industry and how the functionality of NMS meets industry needs.
• Articulate the value proposition for the product
• Log in to and navigate within the system
• Use the Viewer to locate outages and the Control Tool to get additional information and update the model
• Manage calls, crews, and devices and access system summary information
• Use the Redliner application to capture and annotate screenshots
• Utilize the OMS specialty products such as Web Call Entry, Web Callbacks, Service Alert and Storm Management
• Create switching sheets and safety documents
• Enable engineering analysis of the electrical distribution system
• Assess equipment loading and feeder voltage profiles
• Generate switching plans
• Generate optimal network configuration settings to minimize losses or achieve conservation voltage reduction
• Monitor the vital signs of the distribution system
• Locate & isolate faults and restore service
• Record and play back training scenarios
• Functional Implementers
• Project Manager
• Sales Consultants
• Technical Administrator
• Technical Consultants
• Participation in this workshop recommends the participants have basic electrical network knowledge as this course does not teach these concepts.
• An Electrical Engineering degree with an emphasis in Electric Utility operations is desirable but not required.
• The ideal individual would have an understanding of power system equipment modeling including the various device parameters such as conductor and transformer characteristics, the various switches in use and network connectivity.
To enroll in OPN Boot Camps, please search offerings currently available using Oracle's Global Events Calendar.
Note: Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by Boot Camp and geographic region, and partners should check the instance details for the Boot Camp(s) they are interested in attending. (OPN Cancellation Policy)
If you want to attend to a Boot Camp that you don't see on the schedule, or if you would like to request that we deliver a Boot Camp in a specific location or at a specific date, send us a request.