Oracle Utilities Analytics is a product suite consisting of several analytical applications and related extraction and loading routines. Together they allow Utility customers to track key operational metrics in their environment thus enabling easier, faster and accurate decision making in the enterprise. Oracle Utilities Analytics consists of nine analytics products and six Extractors & Schema products. Each is targeted to work with specific UGBU application such as Customer Care and Billing (CC&B), Meter Data Management (MDM), Mobile Workforce Management (MWM), Network Management System (NMS – specifically Outage Management) and Work and Asset Management (WAM) and Operational Device Management (ODM).
Attendees will learn through course instruction and hands-on practice the concepts and technologies behind the OUA product suite, including the product strategy. Basic Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence principles will be explained, such as differences between transactional processing systems and analytical systems, and the use of facts and dimensions. Note that these DW/BI lessons are not intended to turn the student into a Data Warehouse/ Business Intelligence expert during this course, but are intended to serve as a framework to learn and understand the OUA product. Additional training and study may be required to master the technologies used in the OUA solution.
The course will go into depth about OUA’s features, architecture, schema, ETL processes and implementation considerations. Where ever appropriate, while students will participate in hands-on exercises to show them some of the tasks they will encounter on a real project.
• OUA application concepts
• To work with and navigate through OUA applications and their content
• How to work with OBIEE 11g dashboards and create new reports
• Basics of Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence(DW/BI) concepts
• How Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle Warehouse Builder components are used in the OUA solution
• How OUA ETL routines are constructed and how they work
• How to extend OUA Schema using User Defined Fields/Dimensions/Measures
• About various key success factors to be considered while implementing OUA applications
• How OUA product is installed and how to prevent common mistakes in installation
• How to configure basic ETL parameters using OUA Admin Tool
• About common ETL routine errors and how to recognize and prevent them
• Business Intelligence Developer
• Database Administrators
• Database Designers
• Functional Implementer
• Sales Consultants
• System Administrator
• Technical Consultant
• Oracle BI 11g R1: Create Analyses and Dashboards Ed 5
• Oracle BI 11g R1: Build Repositories Ed 2
• Oracle Data Integrator 11g: Integration and Administration Ed 1
To enroll in OPN Boot Camps, please search offerings currently available using Oracle's Global Events Calendar.
Note: Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by Boot Camp and geographic region, and partners should check the instance details for the Boot Camp(s) they are interested in attending. (OPN Cancellation Policy)
If you want to attend to a Boot Camp that you don't see on the schedule, or if you would like to request that we deliver a Boot Camp in a specific location or at a specific date, send us a request.