The Oracle Utilities Application Framework (OUAF) Technical Overview Boot Camp outlines key features that allow OUAF-based products to be extended by populating metadata instead of applying programming. This technology enables the development of reusable objects, which can reduce implementation time, and extensions, which are automatically upgraded when future product releases are introduced. Ultimately, these tools offer increased flexibility to satisfy client needs without adjusting your implementation methodology.
This course is applicable to all products supported by the Oracle Utilities Applications Framework 4.x including the following:
In addition to explaining how to use the Configuration Tools, this course explains many of the common front-end and back-end design patterns behind the OUAF products. Understanding these design patterns facilitates efficient and consistent solutions across projects.
Please Note: This is an overview course and is intended to provide high-level information about OUAF functionality and capabilities. This class does not replace the full 9-day class, as a prerequisite to other courses. This class is intended for functional audiences or technical audiences that want an introduction of the functionality before attending the full 9-day class.
• Describe the OUAF architecture, features, how the components work together and common interfacing strategies
• Recognize how the business objects delivered with OUAF products are self-documenting and how to use this
• Navigate and utilize product documentation
• Explain how many base-product business objects belong to hierarchies where the business rules are encapsulated at abstract levels
• Apply additional business rules and elements (Character Large Objects - CLOBs) to the base-product business objects in throughout the business object hierarchies
• Apply new business objects and hierarchies
• Describe how business objects are secured and how to manage the security configuration
• Functional Implementer
• Project Manager
• Sales Consultants
• Business Analysts
• Database Administrators
• Database Designers
To enroll in OPN Boot Camps, please search offerings currently available using Oracle's Global Events Calendar.
Note: Oracle provides access to the Enablement 2.0 Boot Camp Program exclusively to Oracle Partners. Fees may vary by Boot Camp and geographic region, and partners should check the instance details for the Boot Camp(s) they are interested in attending. (OPN Cancellation Policy)
If you want to attend to a Boot Camp that you don't see on the schedule, or if you would like to request that we deliver a Boot Camp in a specific location or at a specific date, send us a request.