AutoVue Digital Annotation (Also referred to as Markups) In addition to comprehensive viewing capabilities, AutoVue delivers digital markup and annotation capabilities that allow team members, suppliers, and customers to collaborate on digital product and asset information. Team members can communicate feedback, change requests, comments, and instructions in an effective and timely manner, through markups and real time collaboration.
AUTOVUE MARKUP CAPABILITIES
AutoVue markups are created as separate files and linked to the associated document. These markups are saved as distinct layers on top of the original file, which remains intact and is never altered. Markup files can be stored on a local drive, network drive, or in Content Management, Product Lifecycle Management or Enterprise Resource Planning systems, making them available to other users. This ability to capture and store digital comments and feedback within the appropriate context, greatly facilitates the review process and allows organizations to capture a reliable audit trail of all change requests, decisions and approvals.
• Save markups independently of the associated document and preserve the integrity of the original information
• Create multiple markup files for any document
• Define multiple markup layers, per markup file
• Turn markup layers on and off as needed
• Load several markup files at once, or selectively, and set which markup file or layer will be active
• Print markups along with the document
• Comprehensive selection of markup entities, line, shape, graphical and textual markup entities, as well as attachments and OLE objects
• Point-and-click editand resize markup entities
• In-place editing of markup entity properties, such as line weight, style and color; text font, size and color; text strings and captions
• Sticky Note Editor import and export content, with a full complement of text attributes, paragraph formatting, and clip-board functions
• Quickly approve markups and comments with digital sign-off. The sign-off stamp contains information about the markup author, date and time of creation, providing a reliable trail of changes and approvals.
• Organize symbol markup entities in symbol libraries. Browse, preview, and drag-and-drop symbols from libraries onto the active markup layer. All graphical formats supported by AutoVue can be imported into existing or new symbol libraries.
• Attach sound, video, and graphics to markup files, allowing teams to include additional information like instructions or how-to videos for downstream departments.
• Manage and track markups. Markups can be filtered by author, page, entity type or layer, making it quick and easy to display, sort, manage and track reviewers' comments and annotations.
• Consolidate markup files for simplified management or archiving purposes
AUTOVUE MARKUP TYPES
• Regular Markupfiles can be edited by anyone viewing them.
• Read-Only Markup files may only be edited by the author.
• Master Markup files are automatically loaded as a document is opened for viewing. Only the author has editing privileges of the Master Markup. This is useful to alert team members to new critical information about the file.
• Consolidated Markup files. Select two or more markup files associated with a given document and combine them into a single file. Centralize change requests, comments, and instructions from workgroup members.
AUTOVUE MARKUP ENTITIES
AutoVue provides a comprehensive set of markup entities that allow users to collaborate on hundreds of different file formats by adding graphical or textual information to a document and without altering a file's original content.
2D and EDA Markup Entities:
• Arc– draws an arc
• Box– draws an outlined box
• Circle– draws an outlined circle
• Cloud– draws a closed multi-lobed cloud shape
• Filled Box– draws an opaque filled box
• Freestyle Draw– a continuous irregular line follows the path of the cursor
• Highlight– draws a transparent filled polygon in the current selected color
• Leader– draws an arrowhead connected to a polyline and associate it with text
• Text– creates text directly viewable on the loaded document
• Line– draws a straight line
• Polyline– draws a broken multi-segmented line, composed of two or more connected straight lines
• Sticky Note– Include large textual markups in sticky notes with full text editor capabilities
• Symbol– inserts a symbol from a symbol library
• OLE– inserts an OLE object (from the set of OLE objects available by the applications installed on the user's computer)
• Electronically sign and stamp document sets with attributes from the back-office system with AutoVue's Intellistamp.
• Attachment– inserts text, audio or video files
• Measurements– Measurements on a part or assembly can be saved in a markup and rotated with the model
• Sign-off– creates an approval stamp containing information about the markup author, date and time of creation
3D Markup Entities:
• Precise Measurement Markups– AutoVue allows users to precisely measure a part or assembly and include that measurement as a markup entity. Measurements are anchored to points on any part or assembly and rotate along with the model, the text and measurements always facing the screen.
• Arc– Precisely measure and add to the markup file any elliptic or 3 point arc.
• Angle– Precisely measure and add to the markup file the angle between any vertices, lines, edges, faces or planes.
• Vertex Coordinates– Precisely measure and add to the markup file the coordinates of a vertex.
• Text – Annotate a model with text and anchor it by a leader to any point on a part or assembly.
• Sticky Notes– Include large textual markups in sticky notes with full text editor capabilities and anchor them to points on the model