Please note this appliance is for testing and learning purposes only, therefore it is unsupported and should not to be used in a production environment. With this appliance you will be able to do the Oracle ADF REA Lab.
The following software is installed in this VirtualBox image:
All the content needed for the hands on labs is included on the image.
Please follow the instructions below for downloading and importing the JDeveloper / ADF VirtualBox image.
1. Download and install Oracle VM VirtualBox. It is also REQUIRED to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack to get this VM working.
2. Download the VM image files.
The VM image files need to be extracted and combined to create two files: OTN_VDD_ADF-disk1.vmdk (~2.7GB) & OTN_VDD_ADF-disk2.vmdk (~5GB). Use 7-Zip to extract OTN_VDD_ADF-disk1.vmdk.001 (it automatically uses the 002-004 files) - this creates OTN_VDD_ADF-disk1.vmdk. Use 7-Zip to extract OTN_VDD_ADF-disk2.vmdk.001 (it automatically uses files 002-008) - this creates OTN_VDD_ADF-disk2.vmdk. (Note: If 7-zip shows it will extract a zip file instead of a vmdk file, then one or more of your downloaded files are corrupted.) OTN_VDD_ADF.ovf does not need to be extracted.
Use the following commands to extract these files.
3. Start VirtualBox. Using the VirtualBox Manager, validate that the default machine folder under general preferences is set to the location you want to use for the VM.
4. From the VirtualBox Manager, import the VM (File-->Import Appliance).
5. Click Choose... to browse the file system and select the file OTN_VDD_ADF.ovf.
7. Click Next.
8. After viewing the Appliance Import Settings, click finish to begin the import. It will prompt you to agree to the appropriate developer licenses while importing. You will see 'XXXXX (Powered Off)' when it is finished importing.
9. The memory for the guest OS has been set to 2 GB, but this may be changed using the VirtualBox Manager if additional memory is available on the host OS. For example, if the host machine has 8GB of memory, the memory for the guest OS may be set to 5GB.
10. To use the VM, select the VM and click on Start. This will boot the VM at which time you should log in as the oracle user. Note: The password is oracle for the OS users oracle and root.
11. Double-Click the "Start Here" icon on the desktop and follow the directions from there...
|1.||Have access to or have installed Oracle JDeveloper 11g Version 126.96.36.199.0 and Oracle XE 10g. You can download them from Oracle Technology Network.|
|2.||This tutorial uses the sample HR schema that comes with the recent versions of the Oracle database. |
For security reasons this schema is usually locked. We'll therefore unlock the user in the next steps. From a command line invoke sqlplus and login using the system user; provide the password for the account.
|3.||Type the following command in the SQL> prompt |
alter user HR identified by HR account unlock;
Once the command got executed you can exit sqlplus and the command line window.
Java Community Process Program