This matrix shows JDeveloper versions that are compatible with JHeadstart 10g, 11g R1 and 11g R2. For compatibility with Application Servers, please see the JDeveloper / Application Server Support Matrix, and the Deployment category of the JHeadstart Blog.
To use this matrix:
|JDeveloper Version||JHeadstart Version|
|126.96.36.199||188.8.131.52||184.108.40.206||220.127.116.11||10.1.3.1 / 10.1.3.2 / 10.1.3.3||10.1.3.0|
|JDeveloper 18.104.22.168 Studio Edition||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 22.214.171.124 Studio Edition||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 126.96.36.199 Studio Edition||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 188.8.131.52 Studio Edition||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 184.108.40.206 Studio Edition||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 220.127.116.11 Studio Edition||No||Yes8||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 18.104.22.168 Studio Edition||No||Yes||Yes||No 6||No||No|
|JDeveloper 22.214.171.124 Studio Edition||No||Yes 7||Yes 7||No 6,7||No||No|
|JDeveloper 126.96.36.199 Studio Edition||No||Yes||Yes||No 6||No||No|
|JDeveloper 188.8.131.52 Studio Edition||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|JDeveloper 184.108.40.206 Studio Edition||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|JDeveloper 220.127.116.11 Studio Edition||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 18.104.22.168 Studio Edition||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|JDeveloper 10.1.3.2 / 10.1.3.3 / 10.1.3.4 / 10.1.3.5 Studio Edition||No||No||No||No||Yes 1||No 1,4|
|JDeveloper 10.1.3.1 Studio Edition||No||No||No||No||Yes 1,3||Yes 1,3|
|JDeveloper 10.1.3.0 Studio Edition||No||No||No||No||Yes 1,2,5||Yes 1,2|
1. You need to rename velocity-dep-1.3.jar to velocity-dep-1.3.jar.backup in JDEV_HOME/jdev/lib before you can use JHeadstart. See the JHeadstart Release Notes, section Known Issues, for more info.
2. JDeveloper needs to have at least Service Update 2 installed. You can install service updates using the JDeveloper Check For Updates feature in the Help menu. First install Service Update 1, then install the highest available Service Update. See the JHeadstart Release Notes, section Compatibility, for more info.
4. The reason this combination is not supported is an incompatibility with the JAXB libraries that are installed as part of the new WebCenter extension in JDeveloper. This library conflict causes problems when using the JHeadstart design-time tools like the New Application Definition Wizard and the Application Definition Editor. There are no problems at runtime, JHeadstart-generated applications run fine with the JDeveloper ADF runtime libraries. There is a work around though: you can copy the JAXB libraries in the JHeadstart extensions directory JDEV_HOME\jdev\extensions\oracle.jheadstart.10.1.3\designtime\lib to the WebCenter extensions directory JDEV_HOME\jdev\extensions\oracle.portlets.10.1.3\lib. Make sure you backup the original WebCenter JAXB libraries first! Note that when you copy the JHeadstart JAXB libraries, the Portlet Producer Wizard will no longer work as expected! In other words, you cannot use JHeadstart and Webcenter within the same JDeveloper session. You will have to copy back and forth the JAXB libraries and restart JDeveloper when you want to switch between JHeadstart and WebCenter applications. Alternatively, you can create two JDeveloper installations, one for WebCenter development, and one for JHeadstart development.
5. JDeveloper 10.1.3.0 ships with an older version of the xml jar file than the one installed with JHeadstart 10.1.3.1 and higher. This library conflict results in the Application Definition Editor not working properly: copying and moving items does not work. To use the correct xml.jar library shipped with JHeadstart, you must close JDeveloper and rename xml.jar in JDEV_HOME/lib to xml.jar.backup. Then copy the xml.jar from JDEV_HOME/extensions/oracle.jheadstart.10.1.3/designtime/lib to JDEV_HOME/lib.
6. A number of layout issues occur when using JHeadstart 22.214.171.124 with JDeveloper 126.96.36.199, and generated sample user passwords in jazn-data.xml are invalid, therefore this combination is not supported.
7. Only supported when JDeveloper patch 12399372 is installed. You can go to http://support.oracle.com to download the patch.
8. New skyros skin is not supported. In UI Skin switcher choosing the skyros skin will display the minimal skin. When hardcoding the skyros skin in trinidad-config.xml it will work although you will have to tweak the page templates for optimal results.