Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 Plug-in Update 1
Announcement Overview: What are we Announcing?
1. New Management Plug-Ins Provide Enhanced Capabilities for Deploying and Managing Private Clouds: Oracle has released new and updated Management Plug-ins that provide optimum utilization of compute resources, ultimately leading to faster time-to-market for IT services delivery. In addition to providing enhanced cloud management support, the plug-ins extend Enterprise Manager's capabilities for Database as a Service (DBaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas), as well as introduce new features for Testing as a Service (TaaS). See "New Plug-in Features" below for additional details.
2. Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 Plug-in Update 1 (188.8.131.52) now available on OTN: The Cloud Control 12c Release 2 (184.108.40.206) software binaries, updated with the new plug-ins and updated plug-in versions, are now available for download from OTN. Note that this is not a patch or patch set release; the new and updated plug-ins have simply been integrated with the binaries to make it easier for users to deploy the plug-ins as part of installing or upgrading Cloud Control. The Management Agent software binaries have not been changed. See "How to Access Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 Plugin Update 1 (220.127.116.11)" below for details.
3. Useful Links and References: See below for a listing of new and updated collateral, product documentation and demos.
New Plug-in Features:
New Management Plug-ins: The following new and updated plug-ins are now available as part of this release. In addition to providing new and enhanced functionality, the plug-ins incorporate numerous bug fixes.
Plug-In Name / Version
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database (DB) 18.104.22.168 (new)
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Virtualization (VT) 22.214.171.124 (new)
- Enterprise Manager Storage Management Framework (SMF) 126.96.36.199 (new)
- Enterprise Manager for Oracle Cloud (SSA) 188.8.131.52 (new)
How to Access Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 Plug-in Update (184.108.40.206)
Follow the option that is relevant for your installation to deploy the latest plug-in releases and updates into your environment:
For more information, refer to the Plug-in Manager chapter in the Enterprise Manager Administrator's Guide, available here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e22624/getting_started_overview.htm
To review more install/upgrade usecases and the FAQ, please refer to the Getting Started chapter in the Basic Installation Guide, available here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e22624/toc.htm
Useful Links and References:
*Enterprise Manager 12c: Cloud Management Pack for DB Datasheet
*Enterprise Manager 12c: Database as a Service Customer Presentation
*Enterprise Manager 12c: Cloud Management API presentation
*Enterprise Manager 12c: The Nerve Center of Oracle Cloud Technical White Paper
*Testing-as-a-Service (OTN Solution Page)
*Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Administration Guide