| ||20-21 February 2012 |
Mark Rittman is one of the co-founders of Rittman Mead, and has worked in the Oracle BI and data warehousing industry for the past thirteen years. Mark is an Oracle ACE Director and current chair of the ODTUG BI&DW SIG. He is the author of the forthcoming Oracle Press Book on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and writes regularly for Oracle Magazine, Oracle Technology Network and the ODTUG Technical Journal. Visit his blog at www.rittmanmead.com/blog.
Oracle University seminars are all exclusive events delivered
by top Oracle experts with years of experience in working with Oracle products.
|The Enterprise Business Intelligence 11g Advanced Development seminar takes a close look at intermediate-to-advanced techniques with the Oracle BI Repository, with a particular focus on what’s new with the 11g release The seminar will also cover repository lifecycle topics such as managing repository files using Enterprise Manager and WLST scripting and patching repositories using the Oracle BI Administration tool. |
Why should you attend this seminar?
- You would like to understand repository concepts such as federation, deployment between environments, pre- and post-aggregation calculations
- You are an OBIEE developer who has basic knowledge of repository development, but would like to see how more advanced techniques are performed
- You are familiar with OBIEE 10g, and want to see what’s new in terms of more advanced features with 11g
- You are looking to integrate OBIEE with external applications and business processes, and you would like to see what features and techniques are available for this
Day 1: BI Repository development
Day 2: Oracle BI Actionable Intelligence
- Vertical and horizontal federation
- Fragmentation (combining real-time and historic data)
- Modelling advanced hierarchies (ragged, skip-level, parent-child)
- Lookup functions and tables
- Logical vs. Physical column calculations
- Modelling Essbase data
- Creating navigation and invocation actions
- Registering web services and working with the credential store
- Accessing ADF view objects as data source
- Integrating BI objects into ADF applications
- Creating agents to automate business intelligence task