Partnerships and Commitment
Oracle partners with veteran professional associations and nonprofit organizations to increase our success in recruiting top veteran talent. Our employees are committed to fostering relationships and serving the veteran community.
- Joining Forces: In partnership with Cisco and Futures Inc, Oracle participates in the White House initiative Joining Forces by encouraging its more than 20,000 US channel partners and suppliers to support the education, certification and hiring of veterans. Joining Forces is aimed at assisting veterans begin careers in fields such as computer programming and software development.
- Hirepurpose: A new strategic Military Outreach Partner for Oracle provides us with opportunities to recruit top Military talent from their career portal, brand Oracle as a Military friendly company and build relationships with over 30 military transition offices and college campuses.
- Joining Forces Mentoring Plus®: Supports these women with informed, committed volunteer working women mentors and subject matter experts who help them hone their career goals and package their skills and experience. First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden recognized this "mentorship gap" in their selection of BPW Foundation to implement a large-scale career initiative within the national Joining Forces effort, and the First Lady applauded the program's success in March, 2013, saluting BPW Foundation "for the exceptional work that they do every day for women's veterans."
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA): Oracle is a corporate sponsor of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America and their Fullbridge Program, a rigorous, three-week business course to give them the business skills they need for a successful transition to the civilian workforce.
- Fisher House: Each year, Oracle contributes $20,000 to Fisher House, an organization that provides housing free of charge to injured veterans and their families. In total, Oracle has donated $155,000 since over the years to support Fisher House in its work to build homes and provide services for veterans and their families during medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Employee Matching Grants: Anytime an Oracle employee contributes US$300 to a non-profit group that supports veterans. Oracle matches that gift. Last year, (FY12) Oracle contributed more than $315,000 to match employee donations to veteran service organizations.
- Employee Volunteerism: From participating in job fairs, providing skills training to running in marathons and providing care packages for "adopted" units of deployed US military service members serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other conflict regions. Our employees take action and give back.
- Oracle Veterans Affinity Group: The Oracle Veterans Affinity Group consists of Oracle employees who are veterans or have family members who are veterans. The Oracle Veterans Affinity Group actively engages with a number of organizations including: