Oracle engages with industry, trade, and government organizations and associations to define standards and best practices for sustainable IT solutions.
Leadership | Oracle Corporate Citizenship Report
Following are some of the organizations with which Oracle participates:
- American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union (AMCHAMEU)
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD (BIAC)
- Business Action to Support the Information Society
- Business Europe
- Corporate Eco Forum (CEF)
- Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC)
- Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT)
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
- International Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS)
- Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- International Standards Organization (ISO)
- IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries
- Joint Electronic Device Engineering Councils (JEDEC)
- National Center for APEC (NCAPEC)
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- Sustainability Roundtable, Inc.
- TechAmerica Europe
- TechAmerica China RoHS Steering Committee
- The Green Grid
- US-ASEAN Business Council
- U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC)
- United States Council for International Business (USCIB)
In our work with these organizations, Oracle emphasizes sustainability standards, green information and communication technology (ICT), hardware supply chain issues, and energy efficiency. Below are some examples of Oracle's activities with respect to each of these topics.
- Oracle works with the International Committee for Information Technology Standards to set standards for sustainable IT solutions.
- As part of our work with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Oracle acts as Vice Chair of the ICC's Digital Economy Committee. In this capacity, Oracle participated in the development of a published paper on ICT and sustainability. Oracle remains active as the Committee expands both this paper and the broader sustainability-related work of the ICC.
- As part of our work with the International Committee for Information Technology Standards, Oracle is helping to define standards for best practices in sustainable IT and a data center maturity model.
- Oracle works with organizations such as the Green Grid, the Information Technology Industry Council, GridWise Alliance, Storage Network, Carbon Trust Standard, the European Smart Metering Industry Group, and the European Smart Network Association to explore best practices related to green ICT.
Hardware Supply Chain
- Oracle is a member of the Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) and actively participates with other industry group members to address issues in our respective hardware supply chains.
- As a part of our work with the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Oracle chairs the OECD's Information Communication Computing Policy (ICCP) committee. In this capacity, Oracle helps assess and explore best practices related to energy efficiency and sustainability within our industry.
- We announced our support of the White House's Green Button Initiative to help utility companies provide customers access to energy use data.