Wellness | Oracle Corporate Citizenship Report
Keeping Employees Healthy and Safe
Oracle's health and safety programs comply with our industry's health and safety laws and regulations. They include the following:
- New Hire Training: To educate new employees on how to prevent work-related injuries, we encourage them to complete an online health and safety awareness training. Our health and safety staff also offer needs assessments and in-person seminars.
- Ergonomics: Oracle provides extensive ergonomic resources to employees. General ergonomics information is available online, as are self-assessment checklists and recommendations for ergonomic equipment. We also offer onsite ergonomics evaluations in many Oracle offices, and customized evaluations for employees who work from home.
- Injury and Illness Prevention: Oracle's Environment, Health, and Safety team conducts periodic audits to identify and correct workplace hazards. Per the requirements of government agencies such as the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the US Environmental Protection Agency, audits are conducted annually. We ask employees to report any injuries, accidents, near misses, and hazards promptly so we can investigate and take corrective action.
- Communicable Disease Prevention: Oracle works to limit the spread of communicable diseases through outreach efforts that educate employees about disease prevention, disease containment, and how they can protect themselves and their families.
Promoting Health and Wellness
Oracle offers a range of health and wellness promotion services to employees, including:
- Health Insurance: Many of our health insurance and reimbursement programs include preventive care services. Where available, we may also offer health improvement programs that help employees learn about common health risks, review their personal risk factors, and access educational materials regarding healthy lifestyle choices.
- Fitness Centers: In many Oracle locations, employees have access to onsite fitness facilities or reduced membership rates at offsite health clubs. In some countries, employee's health club fees and other related expenses are reimbursable or provided as a benefit.
- Employee Assistance Plan: Oracle employees have access to employee assistance program (EAP) professionals who provide support during difficult times. Oracle's EAP programs vary by region, and in some cases by country, to ensure that the programs address local language and specific cultural needs. While EAP services emphasize mental health assistance and healthy coping during challenging life events, they may include financial and legal counseling as well.
Currently, Oracle is reviewing how wellness is understood by our employees globally. Our goal is to eventually develop grass roots programs—such as health fairs, biometric screenings, flu shots, and general health education—that will effectively address common health needs in particular countries or regions.