How do I create a new account?
Go to Oracle.com and click on the Sign In/Register for Account link, fill out the mandatory fields, then click the 'Create' button. Once the account is created, a verification email will be sent to the registered email address.
How do I update my Oracle Account?
Navigate to profile.oracle.com'', log in with your existing credentials, update the required fields, then click the 'Confirm' button.
I can't create a new account—I receive an error message each time I try.
Submit a help request so that we can assist you in trying to recover your old account or help you set up a new account.
I'm trying to create a new account, but I get an error message that my username/email address is already in use.
You received this message because your email address is already registered with Oracle. If you forgot your password, you can recover it using the 'Forgot Password' link.
How do I verify my Oracle Account?
You can verify your account by logging in to 'profile.oracle.com' and clicking on the 'Verify Account' Or 'Re-Verify Account' link, which triggers an email to your registered email address. Go to the email in your inbox and verify your account as instructed
Why do I have to log in to use multiple Oracle sessions?
For security reasons we require login for every session.
What if I can't remember my username?
Use the 'Forgot Username' link to get your username. You will receive an email with your username.
What if I’m getting an ‘Invalid Username’ error message?
Check that the username and password you are attempting to log in with are correct. To make sure you are using the correct username and password, use the 'Forgot Username' link and the 'Forgot Password' link.
What if I have a username that’s not my email address?
Oracle has standardized on the use of email address as username. If you have an older account where your username is not the same as your email address, you will need to log in, and then click on the "Edit" link next to username/emailaddress and update.
For example, if your current username is 'John,' then log in with that same username.
If you have forgotten your password, use the same user name 'John' to receive the reset password email. The reset password email will be delivered to the email address currently associated with that account.
How do I reset my password?
Use the 'Forgot Password' link to reset your account password. You will then receive an email with instructions. Please click on the URL in the email and enter a new password on the screen.
What if I don't receive emails after using 'Lost Password' and 'Lost Username' Links?
Wait at least 10 minutes to see if the emails arrive, or check the spam folder in your email. If you still haven't received the emails you can trigger them again, or create a new account using the same email address.
The 'Forgot Password' link indicates a password has been emailed, but I never received it.
There could be several reasons why you might not have received the password reset email.
1) Old Email address–Is the account you are trying to log in with still tied to a valid email address? If you are attempting to log in with a username that’s not in e-mail format (ex: jsmith), the email address we have on file for that account may be out of date. You will need to submit a help request to resolve this issue.
2) Email spam filtering - If we have your current email address, and you are still not receiving the password reset email, check to make sure that you are not filtering out Oracle emails through your email's spam filter. You will want to add Oracle to your address book so that the email client doesn’t filter out account information you need or have subscribed to.
3) Company domain email filtering–There have been occasions where corporate email servers have filtered out emails coming from the Oracle domain. Submit a help request and we can send you a test email to see if this is the case. If so, you’ll need to contact your corporate email group to let them know of the issue.
If your issue doesn't fall under any of these scenarios, please submit a help request and we will investigate the issue and ensure that you get your password reset.
How do I change my password?
Navigate to 'profile.oracle.com' and log in with your existing credentials, click on the 'Edit' link at the right-hand side of the page next to your password, and follow the screen instructions.
How can I change the email address associated with my Oracle Account?
You can update the email address on your account by logging in to the account and clicking on the edit link next to username/emailaddress.
Important things to note before changing the email address associated with your Oracle Account:
- The new email address will become the username for your account.
- The new email address/username shouldn't already be registered to another Oracle Account.
- If the account you have been using is shared by multiple people, you will each want to create your own individual account. If the users do not create individual accounts, anyone who logs in with that account has the ability to change the e-mail address and password, thereby locking all other users out. We strongly discourage using shared accounts. When logging in to use a service, post to forums, or conduct other business, it's best to use your own individual account.
If you have multiple Oracle Accounts under different email addresses, we can assist you in trying to consolidate your history under a single account. We'll do our best to combine your accounts whenever we can. This process is quite involved, so if you decide you'd like us to merge your accounts we ask for your patience as we sort through the validation of the account information and enable updates to the various systems involved. You can click here to request an account merge.
Please Note: The Help Request email address is meant for Oracle customer service purposes. Oracle employees should use the internal resources available to help resolve any problems