back to the main page
Oracle Unveils Next Generation of Oracle Fusion Middleware
On July 1, 2009, in Washington D.C., Oracle President Charles Phillips and Oracle Senior Vice President Thomas Kurian unveiled Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g to thousands of customers and partners who joined in-person as well as on a live broadcast of the event. The keynote presentation by Phillips and Kurian explored the slew of major new features and innovations across the key product areas in this release: Oracle SOA Suite 11g, Oracle WebLogic Suite 11g, Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g, and Oracle Identity Management 11g.
Through an interactive mix of presentation, hands-on demos, and live customer and partner testimonials, Phillips and Kurian showed how this next-generation application infrastructure puts innovation front and center.
"With the release of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, more than 90,000 current customers gain a foundation for innovation to further differentiate their organizations from competitors and efficiently identify and respond to changes in their business," stated Kurian. "Offering further integrations within and across the product line and major technical innovations in every product category, Oracle is helping customers realize the promise of modern IT efficiency."
Unique Design Principles
Kurian explored how Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g can bring immediate benefits to organizations, including helping to build more agile and intelligent business applications and exploit new hardware and software architectures for greater efficiencies in IT. He explained the key underpinning of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g—four unique design principles built into every product:
- Complete—so you can work with a single, strategic partner for all middleware requirements
- Integrated—so your middleware is certified to work with your Oracle Applications, Oracle Database, and other Oracle products
- Hot-Pluggable—to work with your existing infrastructure and applications with interoperability that goes beyond industry standards
- Best-of-breed—to give you confidence across every product line that you’re using an industry-leading solution
Kurian spoke about the time and effort that went into the 11g release and how this is significant to customers. "In doing all this work we also paid an extraordinary amount of attention to quality," stated Kurian. "Fusion Middleware 11g has gone through 13 million hours of testing and 1.4 million hours of stress and cluster testing, and because we provide an automated upgrade from 10g to 11g, it makes it much easier for customers to go to this unified suite of middleware."
The culmination of these efforts is apparent in the significant new capabilities and enhancements in the key product areas of the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g release:
The Washington D.C. event kicked off a 100-city world tour to share customer experiences, key features, and innovations in the Oracle Fusion Middleware product line. Visit the links below to find a location near you and to learn more about Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g—The Foundation for Innovation.
- Oracle SOA Suite 11g provides the framework for agile, adaptable, and reusable processes, so you can respond faster and more effectively to business opportunities. The Native SCA implementation, Event-Delivery Network, Complex Event Processing, and End-to-End Instance Tracking, along with other new features and enhancements in SOA Suite 11g, help you lower costs, improve efficiencies, and increase visibility.
- Oracle WebLogic Suite 11g provides a foundation for your application grid architecture to help you efficiently deliver maximum performance, reliability, and agility at any scale. GridLink for RAC, ActiveCache, and Enterprise Grid Messaging are just a few of the innovations in WebLogic Suite 11g that enable enterprises to deploy applications that can quickly and cost-effectively scale to meet changing business needs.
- Oracle Identity Management 11g delivers an agile security model that enables you to secure enterprise information, streamline compliance, and automate administrative tasks. This release delivers the industry's first service-oriented security approach to identity management.
- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g is the only complete, open, and manageable portal platform for creating richer connections between people, ideas, and processes. New and enhanced features that enable IT and business users to build and manage online business communities and accelerate strategic decision-making include Oracle WebCenter Spaces, Oracle WebCenter Services, Oracle Business Dictionary, Oracle Composer, Task Flows, and prepackaged integrations.
Watch the on-demand Webcast of the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Launch Event Keynote Presentation.
View the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g overview podcast with Rick Schultz, vice president of technology product marketing, Oracle.
Visit the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Launch Center.
Go to Oracle Fusion Middleware on Oracle.com.
Find an Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Forum near you.
back to the top