New Product Releases and Enterprise Content Management Suite Expected to Deliver Industry’s Most Unified Content Management Platform
April 18, 2007
Oracle today announced its planned roadmap for quickly delivering significant new product releases across its entire content management portfolio. Since completing the acquisition of Stellent in December 2006, Oracle has integrated Stellent's industry leading technology and is now ready to deliver a new generation of advanced content management products that are integrated components of the Oracle® Fusion Middleware product family. Oracle is expected to deliver significant new releases for all of its content management products within the next 12 months and also plans to offer an integrated suite that includes three of its most important content management solutions. The integrated suite, Enterprise Content Management Suite is expected to include Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Universal Records Management, and Oracle Imaging and Process Management.
Oracle's comprehensive content management portfolio is expected to address all aspects of ECM – from archiving and imaging, to web content and document management, to records and retention management – in a highly integrated suite of products. Oracle's content management architecture is hot-pluggable, providing simultaneous, out-of-the-box support for Oracle and third-party repositories, identity management systems and enterprise applications. At the same time, Oracles' new content management solutions are expected to leverage the unmatched scalability, security and reliability built into the Oracle technology stack. Oracle content management product portfolio is expected to include Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Universal Records Management, Oracle Information Rights Management, Oracle Imaging and Process Management and Oracle Content Database. As part of the company's commitment to delivering industry-leading solutions, Oracle plans to deliver significant new releases of each of these products within the next 12 months.
"We are excited that we were able to quickly integrate the content management solutions we acquired last year with Oracle's industry-leading technology stack to create products that have unequalled scalability and security along with broad support of 3rd party systems," said Thomas Kurian, Oracle Senior Vice President, Server Technologies. "The new Enterprise Content Management Suite will offer an exceptional opportunity for organizations to standardize on a single content management platform that provides web content, document, digital asset, and records management along with highly scalable imaging capabilities pre-integrated with enterprise applications – all backed by one of the true leaders in the information management."
"Oracle is committed to providing our customers with the industry's most comprehensive and unified content management platform," said Dan Ryan, senior vice president, Oracle Content Management Development. "In our information age, content management software is mission- critical. Content management is used to directly build and deploy applications, as well as provide content and content services to other enterprise applications. Organizations are looking for strategic partners who can support their complete range of content management needs. Only Oracle has this capability, and only Oracle has the ability to support their broader information management needs addressing all types of information – both structured and unstructured. "
Oracle's portfolio of content management products is the most comprehensive and unified platform available. The product portfolio is comprised of:
* Oracle Universal Content Management: the industry's most unified enterprise content management system which enables organizations to deploy multisite Web content management, document management, digital asset management and records and retention management solutions on a single platform. A new release of Oracle Universal Content Management is expected within the next 12 months.
* Oracle Universal Records Management: provides the most comprehensive DoD 5015.2 compliant records management system, enabling customers to apply records and retention management policies and practices to content in remote multiple repositories and applications including file systems, content management systems, and email archives as well as addressing the management of physical records in the same system. A new release of Oracle Universal Records Management is expected within the next 12 months.
* Oracle Information Rights Management: provides policy-based security and retention management on documents when they leave a repository. It uses encryption to "seal" documents to secure and track them everywhere they're stored and used– enabling organizations to define fine-grained policies for viewing, editing, printing, and copying sensitive information, ensuring that only authorized users have access to secured content. And, when the content or user is no longer valid, rights can be easily revoked. A new release of Oracle Information Rights Management is expected within the next 12 months.
* Oracle Imaging and Process Management: supports highly scalable process- oriented imaging applications that increase productivity and reduce the opportunity for errors by automating back-office operations such as invoice and claims forms processing. Its complete imaging management--from creation to archiving –includes certified integrations with Oracle Applications (including the Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, and PeopleSoft Enterprise) as well as other third-party business applications. A new release of Oracle Imaging and Process Management is expected within the next 12 months.
* Oracle Content Database Suite: an enterprise content infrastructure, that is highly scalable for global deployments and is based on the industry leading and highly scalable Oracle database. Supports file server and archive consolidation as well as a content repository for enabling and building content-centric applications. A new release of Oracle Content Database Suite is expected within the next 12 months.
About Oracle Content Management
Oracle offers the industry's most comprehensive and unified content management platform that provides a superior user experience and reduces development and administration costs. Oracles'; content management portfolio is comprised of Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Universal Records Management, Oracle Information Rights Management, Oracle Imaging and Process Management and Oracle Content Database. Over 6,000 customers use Oracle's content management solutions to help them proactively manage content, increase productivity and reduce costs with an enterprise-wide content infrastructure. Oracle's content management solutions are integrated components of Oracle's standards-based family of middleware software, Oracle Fusion Middleware. More than 35,000 customers now use Oracle Fusion Middleware, including leading organizations in the Financial Services, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care and Public Sector industries.
Availability and Pricing
Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite bundles Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Imaging and Process Management, and Oracle Universal Records Management. The Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite is expected to be available within the next 12 months at $150,000 per processor. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. For further information on Oracle's content management solutions, please visit: http://www.oracle.com/goto/contentmanagement
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest enterprise software company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This announcement is provided to you solely for information purposes, is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. Many factors can materially affect Oracle's product development plans and the nature and timing of future product releases. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Oracle. This information may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Oracle or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Oracle specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.