Oracle also unveiled Oracle’s Agile PLM Business Intelligence 3.0 to provide better decision-making during NPI.
Oracle’s Agile PLM has achieved a four star CMII Rating by the Institute of Configuration Management (ICM), which required independent certification and validation by CMII graduates. This recognition confirms Agile PLM’s superior capabilities in managing engineering and manufacturing configurations.
Oracle’s strategy is to deliver complete, integrated and end-to-end product suites on an open, standards-based middleware and database architecture. Oracle’s approach helps customers to simplify computing environments, lower cost and risk, and provides greater choice and flexibility.
Latest Integration Enables Business Agility
Oracle’s Agile PLM Integration Pack for the Oracle E-Business Suite, Design to Release leverages Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) to provide a pre-built, open standards-based, service oriented architecture (SOA) that is completely extendable to customers’ current enterprise architecture.
This pre-built integration for the design to release process from Agile Product Collaboration to Oracle Manufacturing and Oracle’s enterprise resource planning applications enables customers to improve overall design for manufacturability, product quality and cost while minimizing supply chain disruptions.
Leveraging AIA, this integration is the first release of an ongoing roadmap to create a highly configurable, extensible and sustainable platform that will support next generation enterprise PLM process integrations to Oracle Applications – as well as SAP’s offerings and other third-party solutions.
• Oracle’s Agile PLM Business Intelligence 3.0 equips customers with more insight to improve decision-making and achieve greater value from their existing Agile investments.
• The latest release includes multi-dimensional analytics that provide decision support for Agile Product Quality Management to help continuously improve performance management across global quality operations and processes.
• Agile PLM Business Intelligence 3.0 has also been designed to enable integration with Oracle Business Intelligence applications including the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle’s Siebel and PeopleSoft as well as third-party applications such as SAP.
• Pre-built role-based dashboards, functional dashboards and reports provide:
o Timely visibility and comparative analysis on key metrics and trends across product quality management processes.
o Focused view of resource utilization and management insights to drive value across customers, suppliers and products.
o Drill-downs and analysis to proactively identify and investigate potential product quality risks.
• Oracle’s Agile PLM achieved a four star CMII certification rating from the Institute of Configuration Management (ICM), the leading provider of research, education, training, and certification in the field of configuration management.
• ICM’s extensive software certification process included a comprehensive solution evaluation and direct feedback from CMII certified personnel as well as insight from Agile PLM customers across hi-tech, industrial and A&D segments.
• This certification validates Oracle’s Agile PLM strengths in configuration management of product design engineering and manufacturing information. Agile PLM has shown leadership in managing all aspects of enterprise PLM from deep engineering design and CAD information to the quality, cost and project portfolio management.
Industry-Specific PLM for Midsize Manufacturers
• Midsize manufacturers today require industry-specific PLM solutions that offer a lower total cost of ownership and provide best practices to enable innovation.
• Working with Certified Partners in the Oracle PartnerNetwork, Oracle Accelerate provides midsize organizations with pre-packaged, best practices application bundles that pair Oracle’s enterprise software with partners’ knowledge of specific industries allowing for rapid, fixed cost implementations.
• Leveraging Agile PLM, Domain Systems, J-Squared Technologies, Inc. and Sierra Atlantic have built industry-specific Oracle Accelerate solutions for midsize manufacturers around the world.
Oracle Customer Services
Customer Services provides complete coverage of Agile PLM Integration Pack for the Oracle E-Business Suite, Design to Release and Oracle’s Agile PLM Business Intelligence 3.0 with the world's leading portfolio of IT lifecycle-based service and support offerings. Oracle Customer Services is focused on helping customers maximize their success with Oracle solutions while lowering the total cost of ownership through continued advances in providing personalized, proactive support and knowledge management capabilities.
“Similar to large enterprises, midsize manufacturers face product design and delivery challenges but they are also hindered by limited resources and tight budgets,” said Randy Pettit, President, Domain Systems. “With Oracle Accelerate, we are able to quickly implement enterprise-level PLM capabilities that are industry-specific, quick-to-deploy and easy-to-maintain. This enables customers to focus on driving innovation, increasing profitability and getting products to market faster.”
“After a meticulous software certification process that relied on direct input from CMII certified practitioners and Agile PLM customers including Harris, Brocade and Echostar, we have validated Oracle’s Agile PLM with a four star rating for CMII processes,” said Vincent Guess, President of the Institute of Configuration Management. “This is an important achievement that demonstrates the value that Agile PLM brings to customers, providing comprehensive configuration and change management capabilities across the product lifecycle.”
Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Integration Pack for the Oracle E-Business Suite, Design to Release and Oracle’s Agile PLM Business Intelligence 3.0 are currently available.