Bord Gáis Energy Implements Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to Optimize Customer Service and Reduce Operating Costs
Redwood Shores, Calif., 15 May 2009 -
• Bord Gáis Energy, the retail arm of the Irish energy company, Bord Gáis Éireann, announced today it has successfully implemented Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to streamline management of its mission-critical business operations in supplying gas and electricity to more than 700,000 customers located throughout Ireland.
• Since replacing its legacy Customer Information System with Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, Bord Gáis Energy has increased functionality across a number of its business operations through:
• Reduced operational costs while continuing to grow market share
• Improved quality of customer care and service delivery
• Increased efficiency of gas and electricity billing systems
• Automated appliance service systems ensuring effective maintenance and scheduling
• Unrestricted message exchange with other business, gas and electricity suppliers
• Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing has allowed Bord Gáis Energy to introduce Market Messaging for the first time to its business operations with no restrictions, streamlining message exchange with other market operators.
• Bord Gáis Energy required a scalable and flexible system that could enable them to cater to the needs of the dynamic and rapidly growing energy market.
• Bord Gáis Energy is looking forward to seeing further benefits and improvements to its business operations over the coming months and continuing to further compete for market share in the supply of other emerging alternative energies.
• The initial rollout in December 2008 catered for the 700,000 natural gas customer base. Following the successful rollout, Bord Gáis Energy extended the product to support its residential electricity launch in February 2009.
• “The principal business driver for replacing our Customer Information System (CIS) system was clearly to comply with the directions of the energy regulator. However, the changed business environment of the competitive market means that we also had to adapt our business model to take full advantage of the new opportunities it brings. We had to place a greater emphasis on the quality of service we provide to our customers and, at the same time, focus on reducing our operational costs and growing our market share if we wanted to remain competitive,” said David Bunworth, head of energy supply at Bord Gais Energy.
• “After a comprehensive and thorough supplier evaluation, Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing stood out as the only solution available that was capable of meeting our ambitious business needs. Not only did Oracle Utilities present a functionally robust and highly flexible integrated solution, but they also impressed us with their ability to listen and understand our business processes and objectives, and in all instances demonstrate how their solution addresses our concerns. Throughout the project, Oracle Utilities have worked with us tirelessly to help us achieve our objectives,” said Tony Bridgeman, business transformation manager at Bord Gais Energy.
• “We are very proud that Bord Gáis Energy, one of Ireland’s largest utility companies, has implemented our products. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing provides a flexible, scalable customer information solution that will help Bord Gáis Energy to both collect and analyse data in near real time. Monitoring their key performance indicators in this way will help Bord Gáis Energy to easily bridge the gap between customer information and other corporate strategic initiatives,” said Quentin Grady, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
Oracle Utilities delivers the proven software applications that help utilities achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware and database technologies. Oracle Utilities enables its customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands, and deliver on commitments to environmental conservation. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/industries/utilities.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.