Lone Star College System Turns to Oracleto Support Enrollment Growth
Redwood Shores, Calif. – Aug. 11, 2009
• Lone Star College System (LSCS), one of the largest and fastest growing community college systems in the country, has selected a comprehensive suite of Oracle® applications to help meet the changing needs of its students, faculty and staff, as well as support projected enrollment growth of 3,000 new students every year.
• LSCS will work with Oracle Consulting to implement the applications system-wide for all five colleges – replacing an existing Datatel system.
• The Oracle applications will enhance service to more than 52,000 LSCS students per semester and streamline operational processes for more than 5,000 employees.
• Lone Star College System consists of five colleges including LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris and LSC-Tomball. With more than 52,000 students in credit classes, LSCS is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and third largest community college system in Texas.
• “Our continuous and rapid growth in enrollment and renewed focus on student success were our main drivers for change. We had to either get an entirely new system or re-implement the legacy administrative system. After a fast yet comprehensive evaluation, we determined that Oracle offered an attractive rapid development solution and proved to be a better long-term strategic fit for our goals compared to the competition,” said Shah Ardalan, vice chancellor and chief information officer, Lone Star College System. “Lone Star College System is positioning itself to be the premier college system in the country and we strategically selected Oracle to be our partner in this journey”.
• “Oracle is dedicated to meeting the unique needs of community colleges – helping them move forward to support growth and operate cost-effectively to manage limited budgets. Like many community colleges, Lone Star College System is facing growing enrollments and realizing the limitations of its legacy systems to scale. At the same time, it is working to achieve its goal of becoming the best college system in the country,” said Steve Koporec, vice president, applications, Oracle Higher Education. “We are committed to helping Lone Star achieve its goals and admire the comprehensive evaluation process it has already undertaken. In the coming months, Oracle will work closely with Lone Star, and we look forward to a successful implementation.”
For more than 32 years, Oracle has been a technology innovator, transforming the way business is conducted. To learn about Oracle’s latest technologies, visit the Innovation Showcase during the 100 days before Oracle OpenWorld. See oracle.com/innovation for more information.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.