SFR Reunion Transforms Service Delivery and Reduces Technology Costs through Service Control Point Consolidation and Service Migration
Oracle Communications Consulting Meets Aggressive Timeline with Oracle Communications Converged Application Server and Service Controller Implementation
Redwood Shores, Calif. – September 3, 2013
Communications service provider (CSP) SFR Reunion implemented Oracle Communications Converged Application Server and Oracle Communications Converged Application Server Service Controller to reduce CAPEX and OPEX costs while supporting rapid development and deployment of innovative services. Oracle Communications Consulting facilitated the implementation to complete the migration ahead of the legacy platform’s end-of-life date and maximize the solutions’ business benefits.
· Facing a specific end-of-life date for its legacy service control point platform, SFR Reunion needed to quickly complete a platform migration in less than five months, while enhancing the capabilities and performance of its next-generation network infrastructure to increase service innovation, improve customer satisfaction and help reduce costs.
· Oracle Communications Converged Application Server and Oracle Communications Converged Application Server Service Controller enabled the CSP to quickly migrate its services from the legacy platform to help minimize service downtime and consolidate its technologies to a single next-generation service delivery platform. The solution also helped SFR Reunion:
o Lower operational costs by reducing the number of service control point (SCP) platforms that SFR Reunion must maintain and support
o Reduce total cost of ownership while supporting 15,000 users on the new corporate VPN application
o Enable rapid development and deployment of innovative, revenue-generating services that blend IT features with core network capabilities to increase market segment differentiation
o Improve collaboration with partners due to the solutions’ open, standards-based architecture
· SFR Reunion selected Oracle Communications Consulting to support the platform implementation and ensure the project was completed on time and on budget. As the resident expert on Oracle Communications solutions, Oracle Communications Consulting maximized the solution benefits while meeting the strict deployment timeline.
· “We are very excited to now have a state-of-the-art next-generation service delivery platform supported by Oracle Communications, which sets the stage for our new service offerings. We are very satisfied to have completed the transformation with Oracle Communications Consulting, as the team ensured we stayed within our budget and had a successful go live,” said Pierre-Antoine Legagneur, chief information officer, SFR Reunion.
· “As the telecommunications industry shifts to an all-IP landscape, open, standards-based service creation and deployment tools are essential to create innovative offerings quickly and cost-effectively. We are excited to be a pivotal part of SFR Reunion’s next-generation network strategy. We look forward to a long and successful relationship,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.