• Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing will provide ENSTAR Natural Gas with a complete view of customer data, help streamline billing processes and enable more responsive customer service. The utility expects that the solution will help reduce abandoned calls, wait time, average handle time and training time for customer service representatives. With the Oracle application, the utility will work to manage all aspects of the utility customer lifecycle including service connection, meter read management, complex billing, payment processing and debt collection.
• ENSTAR Natural Gas also plans to integrate its existing Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management application with Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to improve communication between customer service representatives, dispatchers and technicians – which should boost workforce productivity and reduce operating expenses while helping eliminate missed appointments, service backlogs and overtime costs.
• Further, with Oracle Utilities Business Intelligence, ENSTAR Natural Gas hopes to easily organize consistent, relevant and timely data from across the enterprise to rationalize consumption and payment collection trends into enterprise reports. These reports will provide ENSTAR management with a holistic view of the current status of customers, payment collections and workload to improve decision making.
• “In order to support our continued growth, ENSTAR requires a billing application to better serve our customer base. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing should enhance and streamline our current customer service processes and provide additional business flexibility to support long-term strategic goals,” said Colleen Starring, president, ENSTAR Natural Gas.
• "We are committed to helping ENSTAR Natural Gas realize new efficiencies and cost savings through integrated systems and effective management of valuable customer relationships. Oracle Utilities will help harness a complete view of customer data, streamline billing processes and enable more responsive customer service,” said Bill Vellante, group vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle’s industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware and database technologies. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.