Ten reasons why Oracle On Demand is right for Emerging Companies
Two companies make a case for growing with outsourced IT
by David Kelly, September 2007
Growing any business can be tough enough without having to worry about IT issues.
Yet, like it or not, having the right IT systems in place plays a critical role in today’s business. That’s why so many small and mid-sized companies have turned to solutions such as Oracle On Demand for greater flexibility, lower costs and increased scalability for their business applications.
Oracle On Demand delivers business applications and IT infrastructure—whether hosted in Oracle’s data center or that of a trusted partner. In the over eight years since its launch, Oracle On Demand has become the leading applications management provider, supporting many Oracle products—from Oracle E-Business Suite to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and World to Oracle’s Fusion Middleware to Oracle Database 10g. While large companies such as Unocal and Reebok are OOD customers, a majority of Oracle On Demand customers are small and mid-sized businesses.
Profit Online spoke to IT executives from OGIO International and Mercury Computer Systems about the reasons they chose to have Oracle host and manage their applications and technology to support their SMBs—and the benefits they’ve seen since going live.
- Strictly Business - “We’re trying to drive time out of our processes and become more efficient through our IT solutions”
- Do What You Do Best - “Our key objective was growing our business, not buying servers and building a large IT support organization.”
- Built-in Transparency – “Oracle On Demand helps us meet the mandate to be in a Sarbanes Oxley-compliant environment.”
- Go Global - “We’re a small company, but we do have offices in France, Germany, the UK and a small presence in Japan.”
- Get Back on Budget - “Oracle On Demand has reduced our operating costs and given us a positive return on our investment.”
- High Performance – “We’ve also seen that performance increase over the years, without any additional investment from us.”
- Always On – “I know that everything is running in a redundant environment.”
- Expertise On Demand - “With Oracle On Demand I don’t have to worry about staffing.”
- Invest in Your Core Business - “We don’t have to invest in hardware or worry about keeping it up to date.”
- Ready to Grow - “Over the past four years we’ve acquired several companies and there’s been absolutely no “hiccup” at all.”