Back to the main page
Introducing Oracle Retail 14: Delivering on the Brand Promise, from Targeted Assortments to Inventory Alignment
From targeted assortments to inventory alignment, the newly launched Oracle Retail 14 helps retailers ensure that consumers are provided with the products, services, pricing, and inventory to satisfy their needs.
"In today's hypercompetitive landscape, targeted assortments are vital, but that is only part of the equation," explains Andrea Morgan-Vandome, vice president of strategy, Oracle Retail. "In an industry with razor-thin margins, retailers must offer products at prices that entice customers to purchase while ensuring that their supply chain is operating in a profitable way to support the offers."
In addition to targeted assortments and inventory alignment, Oracle Retail 14 also provides new support for today's complex customer journeys as well as right-time integration. The result: the industry's most complete and comprehensive platform to make commerce anywhere a reality.
With a better understanding of consumer desires, including preferred interactions across all touch points, retailers can
Oracle Retail 14 incorporates the latest retail science in terms of consumer-based clustering, consumer decision trees, and demand transference. It also goes beyond traditional assortment and space management with new microspace optimization that takes into account demand transference effects.
- Shape more-successful assortments
- Enhance placement
- Better manage pricing, promotions, and other product lifecycle decisions
Enhanced Inventory Alignment and Visibility
To increase visibility into inventory and align it with consumer demand, innovations in Oracle Retail 14 include
Learn more about Oracle Retail 14, targeted assortments, and inventory alignment.
- The ability to account for reservations, online orders, and backorder support within a single, unified inventory master system across the enterprise, including B2B, B2C, and stores
- A new user dashboard for Oracle Retail Advanced Inventory Planning that simplifies the complexity of inventory planning and focuses the user on exceptions that matter most
- Operational forecasts that, in addition to price and promotional changes, can consider demand transference resulting from assortment changes—resulting in a single view of demand across the enterprise to support optimally aligned inventory
- Centralized, cloud-deployable demand modeling that backs up consumer-based clustering, consumer decision trees, and demand transference with consumer science
- Support for picking and reverse picking in stores with Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management
- Extended Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System capabilities to support picking for stores, consumer direct, and task management