Back to the main page
Oracle's Big Data Solutions Simplify Management, Speed Time-to-Value
To help customers capitalize on big data, Oracle has launched a series of new enhancements and updates to Oracle Big Data Appliance and Oracle Big Data Connectors, including tighter integration with the Oracle ecosystem and simplified management of Hadoop systems.
“Organizations are increasingly looking for mature, reliable, enterprise-ready tools to support their big data initiatives,” says Mike Olson, CEO of Cloudera. “Optimized for Hadoop, Oracle Big Data Appliance with Cloudera delivers an easy-to-manage Hadoop platform, designed to meet the big data needs of today’s enterprise.”
Enhancements to Oracle Big Data Appliance
Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system optimized for acquiring, organizing, and loading unstructured data into Oracle Database. The latest updates and enhancements include
In addition, a hardware refresh provides 33 percent more CPU cores using the latest 8-core Intel Xeon E5-2600 series of processors, plus 33 percent more memory per node and up to a 30 percent reduction in power and cooling requirements.
- Streamlined management of name node high availability in Hadoop, as well as backward compatibility with CDH3.4
- The latest release of Oracle NoSQL Database, Community Edition, which includes elastic scaling and new APIs, such as JSON and C support
- An Oracle Enterprise Manager plug-in that leverages full hardware management while also simplifying management of Hadoop clusters
Enhancements to Oracle Big Data Connectors
Oracle Big Data Connectors is a suite of software built by Oracle that ensures efficient connectivity between Apache Hadoop and the Oracle ecosystem, including Oracle Database and Oracle Data Integrator.
To create even tighter integration, the latest enhancements include
- Support for CDH4.1 to simplify name node high availability in Hadoop, as well as backward compatibility with CDH3.4
- High-performance SQL queries on Hadoop data from Oracle Database, with new features such as query of Hive tables—plus increased and enhanced ease-of-use
- Transparent access to the Hive query language from R to boost developer productivity
Get more details about the latest enhancements to Oracle Big Data Appliance and Oracle Big Data Connectors.