Back to the main page
Introducing Oracle Retail 14: Comprehensive Support for Customer Journeys
To drive personalized and highly relevant customer journeys, the newly launched Oracle Retail 14 provides a range of innovations and strategic integrations, including enhanced personalization, more-connected multichannel interactions, and more-actionable insights into both supply and demand.
"Consumers don't think in terms of channels, solution elements, and silos. They think in terms of their experience," says Srini Rangaswamy, solutions market director, stores and commerce, Oracle Retail. "Oracle Retail 14 helps ensure the relevancy, convenience, and service of that experience, whether it is buy online/pickup in store, buy online/return in store, or buy in store/ship."
To serve consumers who increasingly expect to shop and make purchases where and when they want, Oracle Retail 14 provides the industry's most complete and comprehensive platform to make commerce anywhere a reality. Besides new support for customer journeys, the latest release also has expanded functionality to enable targeted assortments, inventory alignment and transparency, and right-time integration.
Oracle Retail 14 supports all common consumer journeys—online, in-store, on-the-go from a mobile device, or any combination of these. With Oracle Retail 14, retailers can deliver consistent consumer interactions across channels, backed up by operational and fulfillment processes as well as analytics for smarter decision-making.
Areas of innovation include
- Online click/reserve functionality. Enable online customers to pick up at stores or ship to an address of their choice.
- In-store support. Enable store customers to ship purchases, pick up later, or pick up at another store.
- Returns support. Initiate returns online, enable home pickup of returned items as well as at stores, and manage shipping to warehouse.
In response to the accelerating importance of online and mobile interactions as part of the total consumer journey, retailers are shifting capital from stores to virtual assets and digital experiences.
To support connected interactions across channels, Oracle Retail 14 includes
- Extended mobile point of service support
- Expanded tablet computer support
- An enhanced user experience for all devices
- Assisted selling support for a high-touch interactive in-store experience
Expanded analytics in Oracle Retail 14 provide more-relevant consumer experiences across channels. At the same time, new analytic tools can drive more-profitable transactions by lowering total cost of service. Specifically, Oracle Retail 14 includes tools that
Find out more about Oracle Retail 14 and customer journeys.
- Analyze each channel's use in terms of both supply and demand in servicing customer journeys
- Provide an enhanced 360-degree view of the customer to optimize the shopping experience