Back to the main page
New On-Demand Webcast Delivers Blueprint for Database as a Service
As more organizations explore the value of the database-as-a-service (DBaaS) model, Oracle is providing a prescriptive blueprint for successfully designing, deploying, and delivering DBaaS.
The comprehensive, 2.5-hour Database as a Service Online Forum features leading industry analysts, high-profile customers, and Oracle partner and other database experts, including
DBaaS in the Real World
- Carl Olofson, research vice president, IDC
- Juan Loaiza, senior vice president, Oracle Systems Technology
- Todd Kimbriel, director, State of Texas, eGovernment Division
- Eric Zonneveld, Oracle architect, KPN
- James Anthony, technology director, e-DBA
"Traditional server provisioning could take as long as nine months," Kimbriel tells forum attendees. "DBaaS can compress that into a matter of days."
The introduction of Oracle Database 12c, especially the Oracle Multitenant option, has been a key enabler of DBaaS, according to James Anthony of e-DBA. "We saw real value in Oracle Database 12c’s multitenant architecture in helping us deliver DBaaS to our customers," says Anthony. "Pluggable databases gave us tremendous value-added benefits—standardization, better management, shorter application deployments."
After a keynote that investigates the business and technology drivers behind DBaaS—plus real-world successes—the forum outlines all the stages in building a successful DBaaS platform, including
Attend the on-demand Database as a Service Online Forum now.
- Design. Explore technical reference architectures and understand the trade-offs and alternatives for building a practical operation plan, infrastructure deployment plan, and business plan. Learn how to create an SLA-driven business plan with sustainable cost recovery that dynamically meets consumer expectations.
- Deployment. Learn about Oracle's complete solution for deploying DBaaS, including simplified database consolidation, mission-critical deployments, and extreme scalability—and how you can leverage the new multitenant architecture in Oracle Database 12c.
- Delivery. Learn how to minimize operational management costs, increase speed and agility, grow your DBaaS platform going forward, maintain proper governance, and ensure service levels—all with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.