Back to the main page
The Top Use Cases for Oracle Enterprise Data Quality Solutions
Oracle Enterprise Data Quality solutions are like the multitool you like to keep in your pocket—they combine a lot of powerful functionality into a single suite of products that is useful in a wide variety of situations.
Oracle Enterprise Data Quality solutions are relative newcomers to the Oracle product portfolio, but they are being rapidly adopted for a number of diverse situations.
Find out why a good EDQ solution is like a multitool that every IT organization should have in its pocket. Watch Putting Data to Work Using Oracle Enterprise Data Quality Solutions on Tuesday, August 27 at 10:00 a.m. PT, and learn more about the Oracle Enterprise Data Quality suite of products.
- Master data management (MDM) hub enablement. No matter the type of information you are mastering and syncing—product, customer, supplier, employee, site, citizen, or any other type—you need a data quality process for initial cleanup and load as well as for ongoing duplicate prevention and governance. A sophisticated MDM program will even verify data as it is entered into spoke systems, preventing data quality problems at the source.
- MDM lite and MDM preparation. For some organizations, the idea of implementing a data hub is just too daunting. Implementing an enterprise data quality (EDQ) solution to clean up legacy systems and drive consistent standards won’t deliver as much benefit as a true MDM solution, but it’s a cheaper, faster alternative that can help in the short term and pave the way for a more comprehensive MDM strategy down the road.
- Application enablement. Business applications are only as useful as the data they present. The more complex your application landscape, the more likely you are to need a data quality program to drive consistent data across all your systems. EDQ solutions can clean up legacy systems and put preventative verification and governance processes in place to ensure a steady stream of high-quality data for all kinds of systems, such as customer relationship management, human resources, product lifecycle management, and search (especially for solutions based on Oracle Endeca, which thrives on well-structured, well-standardized data).
- Business intelligence (BI). As with other business applications, BI is a case where putting garbage data in means you’ll get garbage data out. EDQ solutions can be used to standardize and deduplicate the data being loaded into a data warehouse.
- Compliance. Regulatory compliance of all kinds—including policies related to taxes, privacy, antiterror, and antimoney-laundering—require matching up data pulled from a variety of sources. With EDQ solutions, organizations can meet regulatory mandates with capabilities that support everything from simple deduplication of customer lists to matching data against government lists of suspected terrorists.
- System migration. Merging disparate data from many sources requires a disciplined approach to profiling, discovery, standardization, match, merge, case management, and governance. EDQ solutions pave the way to a smooth implementation by providing the tools you need to make sure you maintain data quality as you migrate systems.