back to the main page
Oracle's Primavera P6 Release 8 Improves Governance to Maximize Success
Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8, the latest version of the leading enterprise project portfolio management application, now gives the EPPM community a 100 percent Web-based, enterprisewide solution for prioritizing and executing projects, programs, and portfolios.
The updated release enables organizations to align their resources consistently with their priorities through an improved governance platform that provides a comprehensive view of all projects via reports, dashboards, and standardized templates.
Early users of the new release highlight the new business-process capabilities. “The renewed focus on business process and governance will help organizations streamline processes and end-to-end communication to better meet their customer commitments,” says Stan Sturges, vice president, collaboration solutions for Critigen, a global technology consulting and IT outsourcing company.
Because Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8 is now exclusively a Web-based EPPM solution, organizations can implement it more quickly throughout their entire enterprise, so users at every location can effectively collaborate and communicate with each other.
The new release integrates with Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, and Oracle Unified BPM Suite for automation of business processes for enterprise governance. It also integrates with Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
In addition to features important to all EPPM professionals, Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8 offers capabilities for specific industry verticals
- IT—Organizations can simplify the complexity of prioritizing, planning, and managing IT demand and create greater efficiencies in resource utilization and productivity while proactively communicating progress and delivery of expected enterprise value
- Engineering and construction—Firms can maximize capital investment portfolios, reduce contingency, increase margins, and maintain consistency in delivering capital assets
- Power, energy, and process—Companies can improve capital investment portfolios, enhance the construction process, and optimize maintenance to increase ROI, drive cash flow, and grow operating margins through the timely completion of complex, large-scale, and resource-intensive projects
- Public sector—Agencies can automate workflows to enforce policies, processes, and best practices in order to accomplish the agency mission more effectively
- Aerospace and defense and industrial manufacturing—Organizations can better manage and control margins by growing their PPM competence at their own pace with the user productivity kit (UPK) integration, establishing standards critical to project success with templates, and ensuring governance over process with configurable workflows
Get more details on Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Release 8.
back to the top