Back to the main page
Oracle OpenWorld Revelations Top Agendas at Regional User Group Meetings
Around the world, regional user groups will be holding a series of events over the next several months. Organizers expect them to further develop key themes that dominated Oracle OpenWorld 2012—including the latest news about Oracle product innovations.
Mark your calendar for an opportunity to hear from leading Oracle executives including Andy Mendelsohn, senior vice president of Oracle Database Server Technologies; Willie Hardie, vice president of Oracle Database Product Management; Andrew Sutherland, senior vice president of middleware for Oracle Europe, Middle East, and Africa; Bob Thome, senior director of product management; and Tom Kyte, senior technical architect, Oracle Database Server Technologies.
Hot topics are expected to include
- Engineered systems. "Everyone's feeling pressure to accelerate IT projects and also to lower costs, so it's no surprise that there was palpable excitement about Oracle's engineered systems approach at this year's Oracle OpenWorld," says Milena Gerova, president, Bulgarian Oracle User Group. "I'm sure it will be a hot topic at our regional user group meeting."
- Big data. "Big data is definitely on everyone's radar right now, especially as Oracle moves aggressively to create big data solutions, so that is sure to be a key focus," says Lisa Dobson, chairperson, UK Oracle User Group council.
- Cloud computing. "It seems like everyone is moving to the cloud, or seriously considering it," says IOUG President John Matelski. "So I'm excited to share the insights we gathered at Oracle OpenWorld about Oracle's approach and incorporate these concepts into the IOUG’s year-round education strategy."
Upcoming events include the following—but be sure to visit the IOUG Website for the latest updates.
- Slovenian IOUG (SIOUG)
Ljubljana, Slovenia, October 15–17
- Croatian Oracle User Group (HROUG)
Tuhelj, Croatia, October 16–20
- 2012 East Coast Oracle Users Conference (ECO)
Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina, October 17–18
- St. Louis Oracle User Group (SLOUG) Meeting
Chesterfield, Missouri, October 18
- South Africa Oracle User Group (SAOUG)
Sun City (Johannesburg), South Africa, October 21–23
- 20:20 Foresight Conference: Australian Oracle User Group (AUSOUG)
Perth, Australia, October 29–30
- Sangam 12: Cohosted by All India Oracle Users Group (AIOUG), India OAUG, and Chennai JUG
Bangalore, India, November 2–3
- Bulgarian Oracle User Group (BGOUG)
Pravets, Bulgaria, November 16–18
- Deutsche ORACLE-Anwndergruppe e.V. (DOAG) Conference and Exhibition
Nuremberg, Germany, November 20–22
- UK Oracle User Group (UKOUG) Conference 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom, December 3–5
- New York Oracle User Group (NYOUG) Conference
New York, December 12
If you can’t make a regional user group meeting or want the opportunity for more Oracle user group interaction, COLLABORATE 13, #C13DEN, is planned for April 7 to 11, 2013 in Denver, Colorado.