Back to the main page
New In-Memory Applications Run 10 to 20 Times Faster on Oracle Engineered Systems
In April 2013, Oracle unveiled its new in-memory applications, which deliver 10X to 20X performance increases running on Oracle’s engineered systems, compared to commodity hardware.
Taking advantage of dynamic random-access memory (DRAM), flash memories, and the near-zero latency InfiniBand network fabric of Oracle’s engineered systems, Oracle’s in-memory applications help improve user interface rendering and transform batch processes into near real-time processes.
"The release of Oracle’s in-memory applications will help organizations not only complete load runs faster, but also discover new insights for efficiencies that would have been previously overlooked," explains Steve Miranda, executive vice president of application development, Oracle.
Accelerating Business Performance
By increasing performance and speeding key processes, Oracle’s in-memory applications help organizations free up IT resources and drive down energy and other operating costs. In addition, faster performance helps uncover growth opportunities more quickly, helping drive smarter, faster decision-making.
"With runtime no longer an issue, executives can now generate complex data crunching analysis in near real time to make sound decisions and solve critical business problems," says Willie Hardie, vice president, server technologies product management.
Watch a short video to learn about the query performance improvements Land O’Lakes achieved.
The latest release encompasses process-intensive applications and workflows across Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle’s PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel, and Hyperion product lines, including
- Oracle In-Memory Cost Management
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Project Discovery
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning
- Oracle In-Memory Performance-Driven Planning
- Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center
- Oracle In-Memory Policy Analytics
- Siebel In-Memory Next Best Action
- Hyperion In-Memory Virtual Close
Each of Oracle's application business lines has benchmarked key business processes as part of Oracle’s engineered systems, recording unequaled performance gains and time reductions for key processes. Visit Oracle’s in-memory applications feature page to learn more and access Oracle’s in-memory applications resource library.