Back to the main page
Five Best Practices for Delivering Great Commerce Experiences
With the proliferation of customer channels, the rise of social and mobile technologies, and new power to mine big data, the commerce landscape is transforming with unprecedented speed.
To help keep pace with this rapidly changing reality, we asked Michael Hylton and Jeri Kelley from the Oracle Commerce product marketing team to list key best practices for delivering a great commerce experience.
- Leverage everything you know and learn. To make timely and accurate decisions, you need a 360-degree view of your customer data. This in turn requires tools to immediately collect and aggregate information as soon as new transaction, customer, behavioral, and product data arises, be it commerce activity, a conversation with a call center agent, or a comment from a customer about your brand on social networks.
- Personalize the experience. To convert shoppers into customers—and maximize conversions and order values—you need to leverage all the data across your ecosystem to drive personalization, effective merchandising, and highly relevant search results. Personalization is not just about delivering a single piece of content to users; it’s about capturing the right data, analyzing it, and having the right algorithms and delivery engine in place to power dynamic experiences to all your customers. With the right mix of strategies and data inputs you can achieve personalization excellence.
- Target experiences at each interaction point. With today’s connected consumers, there is no excuse for not having a consistent experience across channels—your customers won’t accept anything less. This is not just on the Web or via mobile and social apps, but across the full customer experience lifecycle, including the service and support experience. Lack of consistency across touchpoints negatively impacts the customer experience. You need to provide a seamless, personalized, and consistent customer journey—no matter where or how customers decide to engage with your brand.
- Make it easy. An ideal commerce experience ensures that your customers can easily find the products, services, and information they want—and then assists them exactly when they need help. Consider providing live help or access to a knowledgebase to help them quickly and easily find answers. It’s important to simplify the buying process by making it easy for customers to not only complete their purchases but also enable them to track their orders through to delivery.
- Make it rewarding. Beyond identifying, attracting, and acquiring customers, recognizing and rewarding your loyal customers for their long-term value helps maximize their interactions with your brand and gives you a competitive edge. Tied to your customer data, a loyalty program can help you deliver personalized offers and rewards that can enable you to up-sell and cross-sell additional products and services.
Use the following resources to learn more about Oracle Commerce Solution.
Don’t miss the upcoming Webcast, “Personalization Best Practices: Five Strategies to Improve the