Back to the main page
Market Buzz: Analysts, Bloggers, and the Press on Oracle Database 12c
Last month, Oracle announced general availability of Oracle Database 12c, the first database designed for the cloud. Its new multitenant architecture dramatically simplifies database consolidation onto the cloud, enabling customers to manage many databases as one—without changing their applications. Here is a roundup of what analysts and experts are saying.
Find out what leading independent analysts think of Oracle Database 12c’s groundbreaking technology.
- IDC Insight. The IDC report states: "The relational database management systems market is undergoing a significant transformation, away from fixed servers and storage and storage-optimized database management toward the flexible deployment capabilities of the cloud and memory-optimized database management. The big data movement also continues to grow. Oracle Database 12c represents a fundamental advance along all fronts with these capabilities.
- Pluggable databases, which enable the resource virtualization, multitenancy and isolation support, and elastic scalability demanded for the cloud
- Automatic data optimization based on a "heat map"–driven policy approach for delivering selective memory optimization of the database
- A number of other features that deliver better security, disaster recovery, and big data supporting pattern-based data analysis."
- Ovum: Oracle Database 12c Offers New Take on Multitenancy. This new Ovum study says, "Oracle Database 12c embraces the cloud wholeheartedly with a different approach to multitenancy: by logically segmenting a single database, Oracle Multitenant divides the database instance into separate pluggable databases, while allowing them to be managed as one grouped resource. Oracle Multitenant will provide significant productivity and resource savings for Oracle customers considering database consolidation, on or off premises."
- More analyst coverage. Check in at the analyst report page on oracle.com to find more analyst coverage as it’s released.
Press and Blog Coverage
Read what news organizations and Oracle experts have to say about the new Oracle Database 12c.
- InfoWorld. In its Oracle Database 12c review: “Finally, a True Cloud Database,” InfoWorld says, "Pluggable databases bring a new level of efficiency and ease to database consolidation, while a wealth of other new features address performance, availability, and more.”
- OracleVoice@Forbes.com. In “Oracle Database 12c Runs the Cloud,” Oracle Senior Vice President Andrew Mendelsohn writes, "Oracle is offering a powerful new database that’s optimized for cloud computing and big data, helping CIOs cut costs through consolidation and simplified management.”
- The Tom Kyte Blog. Oracle’s famed database blogger and architect has lots of tips and insights on Oracle Database 12c—dive in deep for all the technical details.
- Other key blogs. Visit these other blog resources to keep up with ongoing news and developments.
Get more in depth information about Oracle Database 12c.