Back to the main page
Oracle OpenWorld Preview: Top Cloud Sessions, Demos, and More
After a year of innovation across Oracle's public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions, cloud computing is expected to be a major focus at Oracle OpenWorld 2013, with dozens of sessions featuring customers, cloud business and technology experts, and top Oracle executives.
To help attendees navigate the conference, which will take place in San Francisco September 22 to 26, we asked the cloud team to nominate don't-miss sessions. And there are dozens more to choose from, so be sure to check the Oracle OpenWorld Cloud @ OpenWorld preview guide, the Oracle OpenWorld Focus On Oracle Cloud preview guide, the Oracle OpenWorld Focus On Oracle Managed Cloud Services preview guide, and the Oracle OpenWorld Focus On Business Process Services preview guide for more information.
Overall Cloud Strategy Sessions
- Oracle's Cloud Computing Strategy—Your Strategy, Your Cloud, Your Choice (Session ID# CON8636)
Attend an overview of Oracle’s overall cloud strategy. See how to define your roadmap to a cloud environment, whether in a private, public, or hybrid cloud. See how Oracle’s complete offering gives you the choice of the best implementation for your organization.
- Ten Myths of Cloud Computing (Session ID# CON8637)
This session covers and dispels some of the common myths about cloud computing that still exist today. Learn about the flexibility and choice that cloud can offer.
Oracle Cloud Sessions
- General Session: Oracle’s Strategy for Its Public Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Services (Session ID# GEN8617)
Get an overview of Oracle’s strategy for public cloud platform-as-a-service and infrastructure-as-a-service solutions, including demos and customer showcases.
- General Session: Empowering Modern Business in the Cloud (Session ID# GEN9540)
You’ve been hearing about cloud applications for a while now. But how do Oracle Cloud applications empower your business and enhance your users’ experience and efficacy? What benefits do Oracle Cloud applications bring to your IT department? Oracle Executive Vice President Steve Miranda shares his perspectives in this session.
- Build Modern Business Applications with Oracle Cloud’s Platform Services (Session ID# CON8577)
Hear Oracle Vice President Gopalan Arun discuss how organizations can transform the development experience and quickly build applications in the cloud using the tools and techniques developers love and already use today.
Private Cloud Sessions
- Delivering Database as a Service (Session ID# GEN8846)
Learn how Oracle offers a complete database-as-a-service solution that delivers on a broad range of requirements.
- Roadmap to Cloud Infrastructure with Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence, and Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Session ID #CON89290)
See Oracle’s vision, product plans, and roadmap for the next-generation application foundation for a private cloud.
- Best Practices for Architecting and Deploying Oracle Database in a Private Cloud (Session ID# CON8583)
Learn how UBS is embarking on a transformational adoption of database as a service for the management of its Oracle Database estate. This in-depth case study will benefit architects and IT planners interested in a real-world experience within a large-scale IT environment.
- Zero to Cloud: Real Customers, Real-World Success Stories (Session ID# CON9585)
Listen to customers discuss their successes as early adopters, including how they organize IT resources into a cloud, enable self-service provisioning, publish self-service applications, and meter and manage the cloud.
Oracle Managed Cloud Services Sessions
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services Strategy: More Value, More Choice, More Confidence (Session ID# CON8702)
Hear how Oracle Managed Cloud Services is uniquely able to provide management of—and be fully accountable for—all components of an organization's Oracle platform and applications from its fully managed cloud.
- CIO Perspective: Adopting Oracle Fusion Applications and New Technologies in the Cloud (Session ID# CON8692)
Hear tech leaders from Church Pension Group, Cabot Microelectronics, and Red Robin share best practices for rapidly adopting new applications in the cloud using Oracle Managed Cloud Services experience and intellectual property.
- Customer Perspective: Migrating to the Cloud with Oracle Managed Cloud Services (Session ID# CON8723)
Find out how customers are relying on Oracle Managed Cloud Services for a secure, reliable, and scalable way to grow their business with predictable costs.
Business Process as a Service Sessions
- Complete Global HR Processes as a Service: Oracle Business Process Services for HCM (Session ID# CON8797)
Very few customers have a global single instance to meet all their human capital management and talent management needs. This session presents best practices and real-world experiences in managing complex, multi-instance environments to maximize productivity, security, and insight.
- Profitable Recurring Revenue Powered by Oracle Business Process Services (Session ID# CON8639)
Oracle Business Process Services enables partners to use Oracle applications “under the hood” of their service business. Expert panelists share their experiences in using the solution to build profitable businesses.
To learn more about the dozens of Oracle OpenWorld cloud sessions, demos, hands-on labs, and exhibitors, take a look at the the Oracle OpenWorld Cloud @ OpenWorld preview guide, the Oracle OpenWorld Focus On Oracle Cloud preview guide, the Oracle OpenWorld Focus On Oracle Managed Cloud Services preview guide, and the Oracle OpenWorld Focus On Business Process Services preview guide. And be sure to visit the Oracle Cloud Solutions Pavilion, Moscone West, booth 3841.
Get more information about Oracle OpenWorld 2013 and register today.
Not attending? Check the Oracle OpenWorld website for information about live streaming sessions, and follow Oracle Cloud at Oracle OpenWorld on Twitter @OracleCloudZone