Back to the main page
Database Highlights from Oracle OpenWorld 2013
From big data strategies to the latest innovations in Oracle Database 12c, Oracle's database solutions took center stage at Oracle OpenWorld 2013, with more than 300 individual sessions as well as multiple hands-on labs.
For the latest executive insight and information about product strategy and technology innovations, access conference highlights online, including the following keynotes and general sessions.
In addition to the conference replays, be sure to visit the Oracle Media Network to watch video interviews from the Oracle OpenWorld Live team, including chats with Oracle customers, thought leaders, executives, and members of ORACLE TEAM USA.
- Larry Ellison Oracle Database 12c In-Memory Option
In his keynote address, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison unveiled
- Oracle Database In-Memory Option, which leverages a new in-memory column store format to speed up analytic, data warehousing, and reporting workloads by 100x, while also accelerating transaction processing, or OLTP, workloads by 2x.
- Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance, engineered to simplify data protection with a modern and scalable architecture that delivers enhanced control over the entire data lifecycle while ensuring high availability for critical databases.
- General Session with Andy Mendelsohn: Oracle Database 12c
Andy Mendelsohn, senior vice president of database server technologies, lead the general session devoted to Oracle Database 12c. He provided insight into the new multitenant architecture other new features that are helping organizations
- Deliver self-service database provisioning
- Analyze big data
- Derive efficiencies and cost savings with engineered systems such as Oracle Exadata
Database as a Service Online Forum
Monday, October 21, 2013, 9:00 a.m. PT to 12:00 p.m. PT
Oracle will host an online forum lead by Carl Olofson, research vice president, IDC, and Juan Loaiza, senior vice president, Oracle Systems Technology, outlining how organizations can deliver database services. Hear from experts, analysts, customers, and product managers as they discuss the unique characteristics and capabilities in Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c that can help you design, deploy, and deliver database as a service.
Oracle Database 12c: On the Road with Oracle Technology Day
Attend Oracle Technology Day to see how Oracle Database 12c’s new multitenant architecture and more than 500 new features make it easy to deploy and manage database clouds.
Learn More at Oracle Day: Innovation in Practice
Oracle Day is a global event series running worldwide in more than 75 cities. Come hear engaging stories of how Oracle customers are embracing the cloud, mobile and social technologies, big data, and the Internet of Things to put innovation into practice in the real world. Events begin in late October and run through January 2014.
Get Hands-on at the Independent Oracle Users Group Master Class Series
Check out the Independent Oracle Users Group’s (IOUG) master class series. Coming in October and November to a city near you, these sessions deliver IOUG's top member-rated content from COLLABORATE 13.
When you leave a master class event, you’ll have several easy-to-implement changes you can get started on right away, along with an in-depth understanding of best practices.
Workshops have limited availability given the direct one-to-one interaction provided. Sign up today.