Back to the main page
Oracle Excellence Awards Honors Outstanding Data Warehouse Leaders and Database Administrators
Every year, Oracle customers and partners implement revolutionary solutions using Oracle technology. To honor such pioneering work, Oracle has conferred Oracle Excellence Awards on three data warehouse leaders and three database administrators who have demonstrated a particularly high degree of leadership and technical mastery.
Besides data warehousing and database administration, the Oracle Excellence Awards honor other categories, including CIO of the year and eco-enterprise innovation.
Data Warehouse Leader of the Year
This award honors individuals who demonstrate both deep technical capabilities and superior knowledge of the Oracle data warehouse technologies within their organizations. Each of the winners implemented pioneering Oracle data warehouse solutions while consistently ensuring compliance with best practices.
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Dr. Marcus Pratzas, Deutsche Bank. As head of technical assurance for global technology production, Pratzas led a team that consolidated 20 TB of data into a single warehouse running on Oracle Linux. As a result, Deutsche Bank generates internal and regulatory reports 50 percent faster that before and reduced data volume by 75 percent.
- Asia Pacific: Zhi Yong Luo, Huawei. As manager of the software package and BI platform group, Luo helped lead a major effort to create a high-quality, integrated reporting and analysis platform that handles more than 120 TB of data, 1,000 users, and 20 dimensions.
- Americas: Ross Bensen, Thomas Reuters. As head of business intelligence architecture, Bensen architected and oversaw implementation of a major new consolidated data warehouse and analytics-as-a service environment that has resulted in 50 percent greater efficiency for both developers and architects.
Database Administrators of the Year
This award singles out individuals who demonstrate both deep technical capabilities and superior knowledge of Oracle Database and Oracle’s engineered systems within their organization. Through successful implementations, they have demonstrated the depth of their commitment to Oracle products and strategy.
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Awad Ali, ADNOC Distribution. As senior database administrator, Ali migrated the company's mission-critical sales and retail system, which operates 24/7 and handles more than US$5 billion in annual revenues.
- Asia Pacific: Kwon Park, Shinhan Card. Park helped lead a successful effort to deploy a data warehouse on Oracle Exadata Database Machine that resulted in a 70 percent improvement in performance of loads, a 40 percent improvement in report generation, and the ability to produce real-time profitability forecasts.
- Americas: Bill Callahan, CCC Information Services. Callahan was the technical lead in a major project to consolidate more than 17 production databases onto a single instance of Oracle Exadata. He worked closely with the Oracle Consulting team to prioritize the migrations based on both technical challenges and business impacts.
Check out all the winners of the Oracle Excellence Awards.