Back to the main page
Storage Update: Save Money, Reduce Risk, Improve the Bottom Line
Oracle’s unique ability to engineer hardware and software together is changing the face of data center storage in critical ways. Running Oracle Database on Oracle storage solutions can reduce your storage footprint by 80 percent, allow you to run queries up to three times faster, simplify your environment to reduce risk, and save 50 percent or more on storage total cost of ownership. Oracle’s storage solutions are delivering unique advantages and new business agility to customers of all sizes around the world, in a variety of industries.
“Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage Appliances are highly integrated with Oracle Database to optimize configuration, simplify management, and deliver best-in-class performance,” said Phil Bullinger, senior vice president of storage, Oracle. “Our storage is designed alongside Oracle’s SPARC servers and Oracle software to deliver high-performance data access for all types of applications, from databases to video streaming. As a result, all enterprises, whether they need 10 TB or 100 PB of storage, can simplify their data centers and reduce their total cost of ownership.”
Oracle’s Optimized Storage for Oracle Database
Running Oracle Database on Oracle optimized storage solutions can help you reduce costs without sacrificing service levels, increase performance to empower new business opportunities, and transform your business. Read on to learn more about how Oracle’s storage solutions have evolved.
But don’t only take Oracle’s word for it—watch these customer testimonials to hear more about real-world experiences with Oracle storage solutions.
Discover more about Oracle Database optimizations with Oracle storage solutions.
- Oracle Hybrid Columnar Compression. Increasing compression efficiency leads to a smaller storage footprint with more room for growth and less management. It also means that you move and work with less data, resulting in greater network efficiency, cache efficiency, memory utilization, and performance. Only Oracle storage can take full advantage of the 6 to 12 times compression available with Oracle Hybrid Columnar Compression. To learn more about the benefits of Oracle’s optimized storage, read a new white paper, “Transforming Business with Oracle's Optimized Storage for Oracle Database 11g.”
- Streamlined management of Oracle Database storage. By automating more than 88 percent of the processes necessary to create snapshots and clones of Oracle Databases, the new Oracle Snap Management Utility for Oracle Database with Sun ZFS Storage Appliance helps increase overall business productivity, reduce risk, and save money. To learn more, read the new white paper, “Oracle Snap Management Utility for Oracle Database.”
- The fastest storage for Oracle engineered systems backup. With InfiniBand connectivity and unique performance advantages, Sun ZFS Backup Appliance meets
the extreme performance demands of Oracle engineered systems with backup and restore rates that dwarf the competition. Visit the Oracle storage expert center on engineered systems backup to learn more.
- Storage in the Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle Database. The recently updated Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle Database shows what’s possible when hardware and software are developed together. Sun ZFS Storage Appliance was designed for use with SPARC T5 servers, and the combination results in a complete database environment that accelerates development and testing with up to 20x faster database cloning, reduces data center footprint by 88 percent, and lowers total cost of ownership by more than 50 percent. Get more information on Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle Database.
- Tested and proven in the most demanding cloud and Oracle environments. Oracle’s own Global IT organization moved from NetApp to Oracle Storage solutions and realized significant resource gains as a result. The Oracle cloud now has more than 200 Pbytes of Sun ZFS Storage Appliance storage installed, high-performance Pillar Axiom SAN systems, and StorageTek tape libraries for secure backup. These systems provide nonstop services to more than 25 million users. Learn more and benefit from the best practices Oracle is establishing as it develops, tests, patches, supports, and upgrades Oracle software on Oracle storage solutions. Find out more by watching the Oracle IT Relies on Sun ZFS Storage Appliance video.
- End-to-end Oracle support. From applications to archives, Oracle delivers a single hand to shake for service, support, and more. No other vendor can offer storage area network, network attached storage, and tape systems as a single, unified portfolio to holistically optimize your Oracle software environment.