Back to the main page
Why Oracle for Data Integration? The Top Five Considerations
Data integration is the backbone of many business and IT initiatives, including data warehousing, business analytics, modernization, consolidation, cloud integration, and big data. How data is connected across systems can have a major impact on project success.
Oracle’s data integration solutions provide the solid foundation that critical IT initiatives need. These technologies help businesses maximize performance and lower cost of ownership, and offer ease of use, reliability, and faster time to value. “Customers report millions of dollars in cost savings, five times higher performance in ETL processing, and 50 percent reduction in time to market,” says Brad Adelberg, Oracle’s vice president of development.
When exploring data integration technologies, Adelberg recommends that businesses consider the following five key criteria.
- Completeness. Oracle offers a comprehensive family of products that provides real-time and bulk data movement, data transformation, data services, data federation, data quality, real-time data replication and bidirectional synchronization, big data integration, and cloud data integration capabilities to support virtually any data integration needs.
- High performance and reliability. Both Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate are architected for maximum performance, availability, and reliability. Oracle Data Integrator’s unique extract, load, transform (ELT) architecture delivers multifold performance improvements over traditional extract, transform, load (ETL) solutions, and Oracle GoldenGate’s log-based change data capture functionality enables thousands of transactions to be processed with transactional integrity. And Oracle GoldenGate has automatic recoverability in case of network outages or other interruptions.
- Fast time to value. Oracle Data Integrator’s declarative design approach shortens implementation times. Its Oracle JDeveloper–based integrated development environment (IDE), called Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition studio, is designed to dramatically increase developer productivity. Oracle GoldenGate has a simple yet robust architecture that allows deployment in a matter of weeks.
- Open and flexible. A key strength for Oracle Data Integration products is the way they integrate heterogeneous sources and targets. Oracle’s products offer streamlined, low-impact data extract and delivery capabilities for all major platforms and databases. Oracle Data Integrator also provides Hadoop-based transformation and loading capabilities and integrates data from a variety of sources such as JMS queues, XML files, and NoSQL. The products are optimized to support Oracle and non-Oracle technologies and applications.
- Low total cost of ownership. Many third-party technologies have low acquisition costs but cannot scale, are not reliable, or involve high maintenance costs. Oracle’s data integration offerings provide future-ready products that are very easy to manage and scale, and have lower total cost of ownership.
To learn about more real-world examples directly from a customer, register for the upcoming live Webcast, “Sabre Case Study: Accelerating Innovation with Oracle Data Integration.”