| ||New Process For Receiving Oracle Certification Exam Results |
|On November 15, 2012, Oracle Certification exam results became available directly from Oracle's certification portal, CertView. After completing an exam at a testing center, you will login to CertView to access and print your exam scores by selecting the See My New Exam Results Now link from the homepage. |
AUTHENTICATE YOUR CERTVIEW ACCOUNT NOW
One very important step you must take is to authenticate your CertView account BEFORE taking your exam. This way, if there are any issues with authorization, you have time to get these sorted out before testing. Keep in mind that it can take up to 3 business days for a CertView account to be manually authenticated, so completing this process before testing is key! You will need to create a web account at PearsonVUE prior to registering for your exam and you will need to create an Oracle Web Account prior to authenticating your CertView account. The CertView account will be available for authentication within 30 minutes of creating a Pearson VUE web account at certview.oracle.com.
GETTING YOUR EXAM RESULTS FROM ORACLE
After account authentication, you will be able to login to CertView and select See My New Exam Results Now to view your exam results or Print My New Exam Results Now to print your exam results.
- Before taking the scheduled exam, you should authenticate your account at certview.oracle.com using the email address and Oracle Testing ID in your Pearson VUE profile. You will be required to have an Oracle Web Account to authenticate your CertView account.
- After taking the exam, you will receive an email from Oracle indicating that your exam results are available at certview.oracle.com
- If you have previously authenticated your CertView account, you will simply click on the link in the email, which will take you to CertView, login and select See My New Exam Results Now.
- If you have not authenticated your CertView account before receiving this notification email, you will be required to authenticate your CertView account before accessing your exam results. Authentication requires an Oracle Web Account user name and password and the following information from your Pearson VUE profile: email address and Oracle Testing ID.
- Click on the link in the email to authenticate your CertView account
- You will be given the option to create an Oracle Web Account if you do no already have one.
- Please allow one hour after you create your Pearson VUE web account, before you attempt to authenticate your CertView account, to allow enough time for the data refresh in Oracle's database.
- If you already have an Oracle web account, do not create a new one. If you already have an Oracle Web Account but need help retrieving your user name/password click here
- If there is a technical issue that affects the function of the 'See My New Exam Results Now' link, you can access your exam results by signing in to CertView, and clicking on the Certification Status and then on Exam History. Results will be available here by 24 hours after you have taken the exam.
As always, if you need assistance with your CertView account, please contact Oracle Certification Support.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
|By Brandye Barrington on Nov 12, 2012 |
It's no secret that we think Oracle Certifications are some of the top in the industry. We go the extra mile ensuring their validity and value, spending countless hours scoping, developing and supporting these credentials. So although it wasn't a surprise, it was indeed an honor to see Oracle DBA Certifications listed recently in CIO.com's list of 12 IT Certifications That Deliver Career Advancement.
Read the article and then get started on your own Oracle Certification today!
|By Harold Green on Nov 08, 2012 |
Join Harry Foxwell - author of "Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration: The Complete Reference" - as he discusses the book in this video, including detail about why the book was written, details about the target audience, and what he's excited about in Oracle Solaris 11.
|By Brandye Barrington on Nov 05, 2012 |
I read a quote recently by Rich Hein of CIO.com "Certifications are, like most things in life: The more you put into them, the more you will get out." This is what we tell candidates all the time. The real value in obtaining a certification is the time spent preparing for the exam. All the hours spent reading books, practicing in hands-on environments, asking questions and searching for answers is valuable. It's valuable preparation for the exam, but it's also valuable preparation for your future job role and for your career. If your goal is just to pass an exam, you've missed a very important part of the value of certification.
|We receive so many questions through different forms of social media on whether or not certification will help candidates get jobs or get better jobs. Surveys conducted by us and by independent entities all point to the job and salary benefits of certification. However, a key part of that equation is whether a candidate can actually perform successfully in a job role. If preparation time was used to practice and learn and master new skills rather than to memorize a brain dump, the candidate will probably perform successfully in their job role, and job opportunities and higher salary will likely follow. Candidates who do not show that initiative, will not likely reap the full benefits of certification. |
Keep this in mind as you approach your next certification exam. You are preparing for a career, not an exam. This may help you to be more appreciative of the long hours spent studying!
|By Brandye Barrington on Oct 31, 2012 |
Oracle Certification announces the release of the new Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 11g Release 2 SQL Tuning certification. This certification is designed forDevelopers, Database Administrators and SQL developers who are proficient at tuning efficient SQL statements. This certification covers topics on core elements such as: identifying and tuning inefficient SQL statements, using automatic SQL tuning, managing optimizer statistics on database objects, implementing partitioning and analyizing queries.
| Beta testing for the Oracle Database 11g Release 2: SQL Tuning exam (1Z1-117) is now underway and thus is available at the greatly discounted rate of $50 USD. Visit pearsonvue.com/oracle and register for exam 1Z1-117. |
You can get all preparation details on the Oracle Certification website, including exam objectives, number of questions, time allotments, and pricing.
|By Brandye Barrington on Oct 24, 2012 |
I'm happy to announce the availability of a brand new Exam Prep Seminar titled Certification Exam Prep Seminar: Oracle RAC 11g and Grid Infrastructure Administration. This new Exam Prep Seminar is available standalone, or through a Certification Value Package, which includes (1) the Seminar, and (2) a certification exam voucher with a free retake.
|For those of you preparing for the Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) - Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g and Grid Infrastructure certification, this seminar is a great value and and an excellent way to gain valuable insight from one of Oracle University's top Database instructors. This Exam Prep Seminar will accelerate your preparation, make your prep time more efficient and give you insight to the breadth and depth of the certification exam. |
This type of exam preparation has traditionally only been available at the Oracle OpenWorld conference, but is now available to anyone through this new format. Of course with online video, you can now start, stop, rewind, and review as needed! Also note that because this seminar is in the Oracle Training On Demand format, you can also watch it on your your iPad through Oracle University's new free iPad app.
|By Brandye Barrington on Oct 18, 2012 |
In October, Oracle University announced, the availability of the new Oracle Training On Demand app for iPad. This means that Oracle Certification's Exam Preparation Seminars, which are in the Training On Demand format are conveniently available for viewing on your iPad. The app is supplemental to the Web browser version.
|Features include: |
The app is available for free on the Apple App Store.
- Access to your Oracle Training On Demand course titles
- High-quality video playback
- Video download and offline playback
- Interactive Table of Contents
- Course search
- Ability to search and preview available courses
| ||Connect |