|Oracle Supports Linux and Solaris|
Learn how Oracle is handling development of these two operating systems in this ServerWatch™ interview with Wim Coekearts, Senior Vice President of Linux and Virtualization Engineering at Oracle. Read the article.
|Featured Operating System Courses|
Oracle Solaris 11
For a New Oracle Solaris System Administrator
- Oracle Solaris 11 ZFS Administration NEW (US / Canada): Expand your mastery of ZFS facilities management. This course highlights managing the ZFS root pool, protecting data using ZFS access control lists, and implementing the ZFS delegated administration model.
- Oracle Solaris 11 Zones Administration NEW (US / Canada): This advanced course focuses on the skills and knowledge required for administering Oracle Solaris Zones server virtualization technology in an enterprise environment. Students practice by performing a series of guided hands-on labs walking through the critical tasks associated with server and network virtualization activities.
For an Experienced Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator
- Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration (US / Canada): The course covers the full range of introductory system administration tasks from installing the operating system on a single system to monitoring and basic troubleshooting. This course will help prepare you for the Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator certification.
- Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration (US / Canada): You will learn the complex and integrated administration concepts, such the Automated Installer (AI), the Image Packaging System (IPS) for package management, zones and virtual networks. This course will help prepare you for the Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator certification.
- Oracle Solaris 11 Security Administration NEW (US / Canada): Provides students with the knowledge and skills to customize security on the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. Learn about new security features in Solaris 11 and how to use these features to reduce the risk of intrusion and secure both applications and data. Effectively create a security plan as well as implement and monitor security on a Solaris 11 system.
For an Oracle Solaris Cluster Administrator
- Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 (US / Canada): This course is intended for System Administrators and IT architects who are responsible for planning and performing migration tasks. It provides you the skills and knowledge required for transitioning from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11.
Linux Operating System Courses
- Oracle Solaris Cluster 4.x Cluster Administration (US / Canada): You will learn to install, configure, and administer an Oracle Solaris Cluster environment; administer cluster nodes; use Oracle Solaris ZFS and Zones in a cluster environment; manage data services and the public network.
For a Database Administrator on Linux
- UNIX and Linux Essentials NEW (US / Canada): Designed to provide users and administrators who are new to the Oracle Solaris 11 and Oracle Linux operating systems with the basic UNIX skills they need to interact comfortably and confidently with the operating system.
- Oracle Linux System Administration NEW (US / Canada): Learn how to install Oracle Linux and gain an understanding of the benefits of Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK). Students configure the kernel, install packages, update the kernel of a running system, configure users and rights, create and manage file systems, configure networking, and manage system security.
- Oracle Database 11g: Managing Oracle on Linux for DBAs (US / Canada): DBAs will learn how to deploy an Oracle 11g database on Oracle Enterprise Linux. Learn how to configure and verify the Linux operating system for optimal performance with an Oracle database. Students will also learn how to tune the database to take advantage of the Linux operating system and the Enterprise level features of the OS.
|Oracle Solaris 11 Learning Paths|
Oracle University learning paths are tailored to job roles so you can see at a glance the courses that are recommended for a specific role. Each path suggests a sequence of courses that provide the knowledge and skills needed for on-the-job expertise. Choose your Oracle Solaris 11 learning path based on your experience or interest.
|New Training Format: Training On Demand|
Now there's no reason to wait for the training you need. With Oracle Training On Demand you can get high-quality video courses featuring top Oracle University instructors. For example, a five-day Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 course is now available in this new streaming video training format. Now you can master new skills without waiting for a scheduled class. Plus, you can do lab activities and video search on any topic.
Check out a demo and find out about a new way to learn!
|Get Certified in Oracle Solaris|
Oracle Solaris system administrators are highly valued. Several independent salary surveys*** have shown that the average annual salary for engineers with Oracle Solaris knowledge and experience is more than US$80,000. Consider pursuing one of these Oracle certifications:Certification Value Packages have been designed to make it easier for you to pursue your certification.
*** Sources: Dice.com Salary survey, Simply Hired Salary Calculator
|Need Help Finding a Course?|
At Oracle University, our aim is to provide training to our customers where and when they need it. If you need a course that you don't see on the schedule, or if you would like to request that we deliver a course in a location, please let us know by completing this form.
|Talk to Your Education Sales Representative|
Oracle University provides customers with personalized service. If you have a need to speak with your sales representative or do not know who your sales representative is, contact us on our toll-free number at 1.800.529.0165 (in the US) or 1.866.825.9790 (in Canada) and one of our customer service representatives can connect you with your personal Education Sales Representative.