UZ Leuven: Ready for Future Growth with SPARC T5 and Solaris
Watch the video
Why Move to Oracle?
To ensure our customers are fully prepared to compete in their markets, Oracle is making significant engineering investments to ensure that Oracle systems coupled with Oracle software deliver the best possible business results. Integrated hardware, accelerated virtualization, and encryption ensure that cloud deployments benefit from the utmost agility and security without suffering performance losses. Enhancements made to the Oracle Database, Oracle Middleware and Oracle Applications enable them to take advantages of our processor and memory architecture, delivering better results at a lower cost than competing solutions.
Comparing IBM Power AIX environments to Oracle systems and Oracle SuperCluster, benchmark tests demonstrate:
- Up to 2.4x greater database performance1
- Up to 3.4x faster Java application server performance2 3
- Increased Oracle application performance : 1.9x faster for Siebel CRM4 and 3x faster for JD Edwards5
Oracle SuperCluster engineered systems deliver:
- Up to 10x faster database and application performance
- 32x faster deployment of database and cloud services
- 2x the memory capacity of IBM's largest Power server
- 5x better price/performance than the IBM Power 795 based solution 6
Innovation Delivers Advantages
Oracle SuperCluster and SPARC systems offer best-in-class technology and solutions to help you innovate while reducing risk and costs.
- Full featured cloud management provides advanced provisioning, security, and virtualization capabilities, making Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle SPARC Systems the ideal platforms for both private and service provider cloud deployments
- Compute, storage, and network resources can be quickly assigned and reallocated, with extreme efficiency and higher workload density per system than IBM Power VM6
- Large-scale memory and leading memory bandwidth enable you to take full advantage of today's in-memory offerings and prepared to take full advantage of current and future in-memory technology
- Oracle offers automated migration as well as world-class assistance and education services for DBAs and Power/AIX administrators to ensure a successful and risk free transition to Oracle Solaris
Making the Move
The Oracle Migration Factory goes beyond the standard migration and upgrade process. Oracle experts deliver an integrated solution designed to accelerate your new technology adoption, reduce migration deployment risk, and ensure optimized system performance.
1 Oracle's SPARC T5-8 server equipped with eight 3.6 GHz SPARC T5 processors achieved a world record result of 8,552,523 tpmC for a single system on the TPC-C benchmark.
2 Oracle's SPARC T5-4 server delivered world record single server performance of 409,721.8 QphH@3000GB with price/performance of $3.94/QphH@3000GB on the TPC-H @3000GB benchmark.
3 Oracle produced a world record SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark result of 57,422.17 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS using Oracle's SPARC T5-8 servers for the application tier and the database tier, respectively.
4 Oracle set a new world record for the Siebel Platform Sizing and Performance Program (PSPP) benchmark using Oracle's SPARC T5-2 servers for the application server with Oracle's Siebel CRM 188.8.131.52 Industry Applications and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 running on Oracle Solaris.
5 Oracle produced World Record batch throughput for single system results on Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Day-in-the-Life benchmark using Oracle's SPARC T5-2 server running Oracle Solaris Containers and consolidating JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle WebLogic servers and the Oracle Database 11g Release 2.