UZ Leuven: Ready for Future Growth with SPARC T5 and Solaris
Watch the video
Why Move to Oracle?
Oracle is making significant engineering investments to optimize Oracle applications, so that its database, middleware, operating systems, and infrastructure systems work best when deployed together. This results in a number of advantages over competitor hardware platforms. Learn what this can mean for you:
Comparing IBM Power AIX environments to Oracle systems, benchmark tests demonstrate:
- Up to 2.4x greater database performance1
- Up to 3.4x faster Java application server performance2 3
- Increased Oracle application performance : 1.9x faster for Siebel CRM4 and 3x faster for JD Edwards5
Innovation Delivers Advantages
Oracle's systems offer best-in-class technology and solutions to help you innovate while reducing risk and costs.
- Oracle Solaris 11 delivers cloud-ready advanced provisioning, security, and virtualization capabilities, making it the ideal platform for agile private cloud deployments
- Compute, storage, and network resources can be quickly assigned and reallocated, with extreme efficiency and higher workload density per system than IBM Power VM6
- Oracle Solaris features such as Zones, ZFS, Dynamic Tracing, Predictive Self Healing and Trusted Extensions help reduce planned and unplanned downtime and simplify the delivery of reliable, secure, application deployment environments
- Oracle offers automated migration as well as world-class assistance and education services for DBAs and Power/AIX administrators to ensure a successful and risk free transition to Oracle Solaris
The Oracle Migration Factory goes beyond the standard migration and upgrade process. Oracle experts deliver an integrated solution designed to accelerate your new technology adoption, reduce migration deployment risk, and ensure optimized system performance.
1 Oracle's SPARC T5-8 server equipped with eight 3.6 GHz SPARC T5 processors achieved a world record result of 8,552,523 tpmC for a single system on the TPC-C benchmark.
2 Oracle's SPARC T5-4 server delivered world record single server performance of 409,721.8 QphH@3000GB with price/performance of $3.94/QphH@3000GB on the TPC-H @3000GB benchmark.
3 Oracle produced a world record SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark result of 57,422.17 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS using Oracle's SPARC T5-8 servers for the application tier and the database tier, respectively.
4 Oracle set a new world record for the Siebel Platform Sizing and Performance Program (PSPP) benchmark using Oracle's SPARC T5-2 servers for the application server with Oracle's Siebel CRM 188.8.131.52 Industry Applications and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 running on Oracle Solaris.
5 Oracle produced World Record batch throughput for single system results on Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Day-in-the-Life benchmark using Oracle's SPARC T5-2 server running Oracle Solaris Containers and consolidating JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle WebLogic servers and the Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
6 Edison Group White Paper: Enterprise Server Infrastructure Cost of Ownership (PDF)