Oracle Database Appliance X7-2 S/M and HA are turnkey, highly available clustered database systems that have been certified by SAP. All SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.x that are certified for Oracle Database 12c can be used with Oracle Database Appliance.
Oracle Database Appliance is a 1U to 4U rack-mountable system specifically designed to run Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition. It supports high availability and accelerated database performance requirements with redundant and hot swappable components and triple-mirrored and shared disk and flash storage. Preinstalled with Oracle Linux and Oracle Appliance Manager software, the appliance saves time and money by simplifying deployment, maintenance, and support of a highly available database solution.
Using Oracle Database Appliance in SAP Environments
Oracle Database Appliance-HA provides the following capabilities for an SAP environment:
- Highly available active-active clustered database server for SAP applications
- Highly available file server for SAP-required shared file systems
- Complete clustering solution for SAP high-availability resources such as central services for both ABAP and JAVA stack
- Easy setup and best performance
- SAP Note 2664704: Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) X7-2 Systems for SAP
- SAP Note 2388511: Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) X6-2 Systems for SAP
- SAP Note 2636306: Oracle Database Appliance: Patches for DB 220.127.116.11
- SAP Note 2145651: Oracle Database Appliance: Patches for DB 18.104.22.168
- SAP Note 1975175: Oracle Database Appliance: Patches for DB 22.214.171.124
- SAP Note 1760737: SAP Software and Oracle Database Appliance (Oracle Database Appliance X4-2 and prior versions)
- SAP Note 2290084: SAP Software and Oracle Database Appliance Version 12.1 (Oracle Database Appliance X5-2)