My Oracle Support Community Oracle OpenWorld Conference Pass Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Sponsor This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Oracle America, Inc. ("Oracle" or "Sponsor"), 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores, California 94065.
2. How to Enter NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Participants may enter this Sweepstakes by:
During the Sweepstakes Period, login to your My Oracle Support Community account and post a document to share that contains information related to Oracle products showing how to use Oracle products more effectively, avoid a problem, or address a commonly asked question or issue. These may take the form of documenting a best practice you developed based on experience, tips for upgrades, guidelines for successful impementation, or similar information about Oracle products or services ("Story"). Your Story must be in English and contain at least 200 words discussing tips or other information about Oracle products or services that would be helpful to the My Oracle Support Community.
IMPORTANT: Do not include any company confidential information or details that may be inappropriate to share with the general public. You are expressly prohibited from violating any third party intellectual property rights, including copyright or trademark, or from engaging in unlawful or unsportsmanlike conduct in telling or drafting your Story. Any intellectual property rights in your Story will remain your property, but are subject to the terms and conditions of the My Oracle Support Community.
Participants must complete and submit all of the required information. This information may be used by Oracle for marketing purposes. Oracle does not assume responsibility for phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, garbled, or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions, or lost, late, damaged, illegible, stolen, incomplete, postage due or misaddressed entries. No mechanical reproductions of entries permitted.
3. Eligibility Subject to the additional restrictions set forth below, this Sweepstakes is open solely to My Oracle Support Community Members who are Premier Support Customers as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period, and who are legal residents of the United States of America (excluding Puerto Rico), 18 years of age or older. Limit one (1) entry per person, per day. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win the prize(s) offered in this Sweepstakes: (a) employees of Oracle and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors; (b) persons who are or were engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, prizes or drawing of winners for this Sweepstakes; (c) persons who are immediate family of (defined as spouse, parent, sibling or child, regardless of where they reside) or anyone who resides in the same household as, any person in either of the preceding categories, (d) residents of any country currently subject to U.S. Embargo ; and (e) employees and officials of any U.S. federal government entity. Award of prizes to governmental entities, including public international organizations, and/or their employees is conditioned on verification that Oracle's provision, and the governmental entity's and/or employee's acceptance, of the prize or prizes complies with Oracle policies and all applicable laws, regulations, and/or rules of the entity or employee's nation, state or province, locality and/or employer.
4. Entry Period The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on 22 July 2010, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 23 August 2010 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries received prior to or after the Sweepstakes Period are void.
5. Selection of Winner One potential winner will be selected in a random drawing for each prize that will be conducted on or about 1 week after the Sweepstakes Period ends by Oracle employees whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of entries received. Each participant is eligible to win only one (1) prize. Each potential winner will be notified by phone or email following the drawing and will be required to execute an Affirmation of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, which must be returned to and received by Oracle within five (5) business days in order for the potential winner to be declared the winner and receive the prize. Failure to do so will void potential winner's eligibility and an alternate potential winner will be selected by a random drawing. Where prize(s) includes high-risk travel or activities, potential winner(s) may be required to execute additional documents and releases as a prerequisite to the fulfillment of the prize. If Oracle is unable to locate a given potential winner within five (5) business days of first contact, an alternate potential winner will be selected by a random drawing. In the event a potential winner or potential winner's employer has a policy, which prohibits the awarding of prize to an employee, prize will not be awarded and shall be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner will be selected by a random drawing. If, for any reason, multiple prize claims are received, a single prize will be awarded through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received for the prize.
6. Prize(s) Oracle will award the following prize to one winner.
One conference pass to Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco, CA September 19 - 23, 2010. Total estimated retail value of prize to be awarded is approximately USD 2295.
PLEASE NOTE: the 2010 Oracle OpenWorld conference pass prize is non-transferable. In the event the winner is not able to attend the 2010 Oracle OpenWorld event, or it is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a pass to a different event occurring in 2010 or 2011. Prize consists of one conference pass only and does not include transportation, dining, lodging or any other additional benefits. Winner is solely responsible for any and all travel arrangements that may be required to attend the event, including securing any travel documents that may be required.
All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES AND ANY APPLICABLE WITHOLDING AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASES. PARTICULARS ARE SUBJECT TO ORACLE'S SOLE DISCRETION.
7. RELEASE, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS, PARTICIPANTS, POTENTIAL WINNERS AND WINNERS WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THE RULES, AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, ORACLE CORPORATION, AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASEES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF PRIZE(S) THAT MAY BE AWARDED. RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED MATERIALS; OR FOR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE LOST, MISDIRECTED, FAIL TO ENTER INTO THE PROCESSING SYSTEM, OR ARE PROCESSED, REPORTED, OR TRANSMITTED LATE OR INCORRECTLY, OR ARE LOST FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING COMPUTER, TELEPHONE, PAPER TRANSFER, MAIL SYSTEM, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR; OR FOR ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, OR TELEPHONIC MALFUNCTION OR ERROR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS, PARTICIPANTS, POTENTIAL WINNERS AND WINNERS CONSENT TO THE USE OF EACH WINNER'S NAME AND LIKENESS AND ANY STATEMENTS, QUOTES OR TESTIMONIALS PROVIDED BY EACH WINNER FOR ADVERTISING AND PUBLICITY PURPOSES WITHOUT FURTHER COMPENSATION.
8. Disputes By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants, participants, potential winners and winners agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded, other than the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winner(s), shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Santa Clara County, California, USA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrants, participants, potential winners and winners be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants, participants, potential winners and winners hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants, participants, potential winners and winners and Oracle in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
9. General Conditions By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants, participants, potential winners and winners agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of Oracle which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event all or part of a prize becomes unavailable. Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local law or regulation. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event all or part of a prize becomes unavailable. Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local law or regulation. If in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and / or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the remaining prize(s) using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety at any time and at its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated or modified prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on http://www.oracle.com/goto/oracleopenworldpasses. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any attempts by an individual to access any web site associated with this Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
11. Winner(s) List To the extent allowed by law, Oracle will provide the name of the winner(s) upon request.