Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. This FREE workshop consists of two days of lecture and demonstrations for Oracle Partners to gain a fundamental understanding of the concepts and architecture to implement and manage Hybrid (Public/Private) Clouds utilizing Engineered Systems from Oracle. This approach allows partners to realize cost savings through standardization and higher utilization of the shared platform across multiple applications, while also delivering greater agility through faster application development leveraging shared services and elastic scalability on demand.
Attendees will receive a technical overview and gain understanding of Oracle’s strategy to deliver infrastructure, platform and applications to build public and private clouds. We will focus specifically on using Engineered Systems (Exadata and Exalogic) as the building blocks for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and how to architect solutions using Oracle Database and Fusion Middleware for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and complete cloud lifecycle management with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
After completing this workshop, you will be proficient in the architecture concepts to:
- Ensure that cloud computing is fully enterprise grade
- Deploy highly efficient, performant, available, and scalable engineered systems for IaaS
- Utilize a complete, pre-integrated and standards-based PaaS for developing and deploying applications.
- Provide flexible deployment and consumption choices to your clients and customers based on their specific business requirements
- Attend further, advanced hands-on technical training
*NOTE: We’ll provide a mix of lecture and instructor-led demonstrations of this content over the 2 day course. This course is not designed with hands-on labs for the attendees, as this material is covered in domain-specific workshops as a next step.
- Oracle’s Comprehensive Cloud Strategy
- Engineered systems
- Private/Public (Hybrid) Cloud Integration
- Oracle Private Cloud Platform
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Shared compute and storage services
- Scalable & highly available
- Physical & Virtual
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Exadata & Exalogic – Shared DB & Middleware services
- Robust Development environment
- Rapid Deployment Environment
- Multitenancy Architecture
- Migrating to the Cloud
- Cloud Management – New for 12c!
- Complete Cloud lifecycle management
- Policy based resource management
- Metering & chargeback
- Oracle Exadata Deep Dive
- Database Machine and Exadata architecture overview
- Installation and Maintenance of Exadata
- Logging and Monitoring of the environment
- Security and High Availability
- Exadata Optimizations supporting *aaS
- Partner and Customer Examples for Exadata Private Cloud
- Oracle Exalogic Deep Dive
- Exalogic Elastic Cloud HW+SW Optimizations for *aaS
- WebLogic Suite Deep Dive for Exalogic deployment
- Other Fusion Middleware Products on Exalogic
- Exalogic Sizing methodology and tools
- Migration Paths for existing applications
- Partner and Customer Examples for Exalogic Private Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Deep Dive – New for 12c!
- Management in the Cloud
- Resource Monitoring
- OVM Management Pack
- Service Level Management
- Configuration Management
- Examples of Enterprise Manager for Cloud Lifecycle
- Virtualization in the Cloud
- Introduction to Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM)
- Introduction to Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder (OVAB)
- Examples of Oracle Virtualization solutions in the Cloud
- System Integrators and Solution Consultants
- Cloud Architects, Operations, and CoE (Center of Excellence)
- ISV Technology Strategists
- Prior Oracle Database & WebLogic experience strongly preferred
Schedule Oracle Platform Technologies Enablement Services
This workshop duration is 2 days. Times may vary by country.
8:30am Sign In and Set up
9:00am Workshop Starts
5:00pm Workshop Ends
For registration questions please send an email to email@example.com.
To Register: You will need an oracle.com account to register. If you do not have one, you can sign up for a free account. To begin the registration process and to sign up for an oracle.com account, select the "Register HERE!" button at the top of this page.
To New Users: For additional information see "New Users - How to Register" above.