Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g is the #1 application infrastructure foundation. It enables enterprises to create and run agile and intelligent business applications and maximize IT efficiency by exploiting modern hardware and software architectures. Oracle Exalytics Business Intelligence Machine is the world’s first engineered system specifically designed to deliver high performance analysis, modeling and planning. Built using industry-standard hardware, market-leading business intelligence software and in-memory database technology, Oracle Exalytics is an optimized system that delivers unmatched speed, visualizations and scalability for Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management applications.
This FREE hands-on workshop highlights both the hardware and software components that are engineered to work together to deliver Oracle Exalytics - an optimized version of the industry-leading Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database with analytic extensions, a highly scalable Oracle server designed specifically for in-memory business intelligence, and Oracle’s proven Business Intelligence Foundation with enhanced visualization capabilities and performance optimizations.
This workshop will provide hands-on experience with Oracle's latest engineered system. Topics covered will include TimesTen In-Memory Database and the new Summary Advisor for Exalytics, the technical details (including mobile features) of the latest release of visualization enhancements for OBI-EE, and technical updates on Essbase. After taking this course, you will be well prepared to architect, build, demo, and implement an end-to-end Exalytics solution. You will also be able to extend your current analytical and enterprise performance management application implementations with numerous Oracle technologies specifically enhanced to take advantage of the compute capacity and in-memory capabilities of Oracle Exalytics.
If you are a BI or Data Warehouse Architect, developer or consultant, you don’t want to miss this 3-day workshop. Register Now!
- Exalytics Architectural Overview
- Upgrade and Lifecycle Management
- Times Ten for Exalytics
- Summary Advisor Utility
- Essbase and EPM System on Exalytics
- Dashboard and Analysis Interactions
- OBIEE 188.8.131.52 Features and Advanced Topics
The labs showcase Oracle Exalytics core components and functionality and provide expertise of Oracle Business Intelligence 184.108.40.206 new features and updates from prior releases. The hands-on activities are based on an Oracle VirtualBox image with software and training samples pre-installed.
- Lab Environment Setup
- Creating and Working with Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database
- Running Summary Advisor Utility
- Working with Exalytics Visualization Features – Dashboard and Analysis Interactions
- Oracle Partners
- BI and EPM Application Developers and Implementers
- System Integrators and Solution Consultants
- Data Warehouse Developers
- Enterprise Architects
- Experience and understanding of OBIEE 11g is required
- Previous attendance of Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Workshop or BIEE 11g Introduction Workshop is highly recommended
- Good understanding of data warehousing and data modeling for reporting and analysis purpose
- Strong experience with database technologies preferred
This workshop requires attendees to provide their own laptops for this class.
Attendee laptops must meet the following minimum hardware/software requirements:
- Minimum 8GB RAM
- 60 GB free space (includes staging)
- USB 2.0 port (at least one available)
It is strongly recommended that you bring a mouse. You will be working in a development environment and using the mouse heavily.
- One of the following operating systems:
- 64-bit Windows host/laptop OS
- 64-bit host/laptop OS with a Windows VM (XP, Server, or Win 7, BIC2g, etc.)
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x or Firefox 3.5.x
- WINRAR or 7ziputility to unzip workshop files:
- Oracle VirtualBox 4.0.2 or higher
- Attendees will be given a VirtualBox image containing a pre-installed Oracle Exalytics environment.
This workshop is 3 days.
08:30 am: Sign-in and technical setup
09:00 am: Workshop starts
05:00 pm: Workshop ends
For registration questions please send an email to email@example.com.
To Register: You will need an oracle.com account to register. If you do not have one, you can sign up for a free account. To begin the registration process and to sign up for an oracle.com account, select the "Register Here!" button at the top of this page.
To New Users: For additional information see "New Users - How to Register" above
Oracle Platform Technologies Enablement Services