ORACLE SOLARIS DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE
Enabling Partners to support the #1 Enterprise OS and #1 platform for Oracle Database deployments
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Oracle Solaris Development Initiative through Oracle PartnerNetwork Specialized (“OPN”).
This offering, available to qualified OPN members, provides access to Oracle Solaris, Oracle Solaris Cluster, and Oracle Solaris Studio, including patches and updates, for the purpose of porting, developing, integrating, testing and validating your commercially available software applications.
Oracle Solaris Development Initiative Benefits
- Development and demonstration licenses for Oracle Solaris, Oracle Solaris Cluster, and Oracle Solaris Studio with the following restrictions:
- Right to use Solaris, including patches and updates, on development hardware during development, integration, and testing of packaged software products for current and new releases of your commercially available packaged software products only.
- Access to My Oracle Support for Oracle Solaris, Oracle Solaris Cluster, and Oracle Solaris Studio patches and updates including:
- Performance and Feature Enhancements
- Security Patches, Bug Fixes, Integrated Patch Sets
- New Releases
- Access to My Oracle Support for all self-help technical resources:
- Product documentation, Technical Articles, Support Services Internet Seminars
- Critical Patch Updates and Security Alerts
- Oracle Knowledgebase
To join the Oracle Solaris Development Initiative you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an active member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork in good standing with a valid OPN Agreement at the Gold level or higher.
- Have confirmed acceptance from Oracle into the Oracle Solaris Knowledge Zone
- Complete the Oracle Solaris Development Initiative online application, execute the Oracle Solaris Development Addendum to the Oracle PartnerNetwork Agreement, and be accepted into the Oracle Solaris Development Initiative.
- Provide an active URL which describes your application and verifies that your application is generally commercially available to commercial customers and works with the latest major release or version of Oracle Solaris.
- Provide ongoing technical support services for your customers on your application.
In addition to the above criteria, the application software product which you submit for the Oracle Solaris Development Initiative must conform to strict guidelines as follows:
- Your application must be generally commercially available to commercial customers.
- You must publish a commercial price for your application on your standard price list or price schedule.
- You must regularly release new updates of your application and/or new version releases of your application on Solaris to your customers to whom you provide technical support.
- Your application must be supported by a professional technical support service organization.
- Your application must work with the latest major release or recent major update version of Oracle Solaris.
To start the application process, click "Apply Now".