Oracle University Free On Demand Mini-LVC
Exadata Smart Scan: What is so smart about it?
Get a free On Demand Mini-LVC on Exadata Smart Scan technology, which improves query performance by offloading intensive query processing and data mining scoring to scalable intelligent storage servers.
| || |
You will learn to:
- Describe the hardware architecture for Exadata Database Machine
- Explain Smart Scan and the query processing that can be offloaded to Exadata Storage Server
- Identify optimal scenarios to use Smart Scan: Full table scans, Full table index, Direct path reads
- Evaluate compression types to reduce warehouse size for better performance or to reclaim disks
- Use database statistics and wait events to confirm how queries are processed
Throughout the Mini-LVC, you will see examples demonstrating these concepts.
Presenter: Uwe Hesse
Uwe has been with Oracle University Germany as one of our Principal Instructors for over 8 years. He has been active in the IT industry for over 20 years and is one of our leading EMEA Subject Matter Experts on Database Core Technologies specializing in Database Performance Tuning, Backup & Recovery, Data Guard and Real Application Clusters. Uwe is an Oracle Certified Master DBA.