Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g is the #1 middle-tier infrastructure that enables enterprises to create and run agile, intelligent business applications and maximize IT efficiency by exploiting modern hardware and software architectures. Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) is a comprehensive solution for replication of data in heterogeneous data environments. The product set enables high availability solutions, real-time data integration, transactional change data capture, data replication, transformations, and verification between operational and analytical enterprise systems.
This FREE workshop will be focusing on demonstrating the heterogeneous capabilities of replication between MySQL and an Oracle Database. This is a hands-on-workshop, and as such you will be guided through the process of installation, configuration and execution of Oracle GoldenGate running with both Oracle and MySQL with the intent of getting you quickly started on using these products. No prior knowledge or experience in using Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Database and MySQL is required to attend this workshop. Also, it is not the intent of this workshop to make someone proficient in either the Oracle or the MySQL databases.
After taking this course on Oracle Golden Gate 11g, you can go on to build real-time data integrations, industry-focused solutions, customer facing demos, proof-of-concepts (POCs), pilot implementations and reference architectures. If you are a developer or consultant who specializes in data integration, data migration, data warehousing, ETL, BI, or SOA you cannot afford to miss this workshop.
- Introduction and Overview of Oracle GoldenGate (PPT)
- Lab 1: Getting Started - Configuring the databases for using Oracle GoldenGate and our workload simulation app (Hands-On)
- Lab 2: Downloading and Installing Oracle GoldenGate for MySQL and Oracle (Hands-On)
- Lab 3: Setting up an Initial load from MySQL to Oracle (Hands-On)
- Lab 4: Configuring one-way replication from MySQL to Oracle (Hands-On)
- Lab 5: Configuring Bi-Directional Replication between MySQL and Oracle (Hands-On)
- Lab 6: Configuring Transformations with Oracle GoldenGate (Hands-On)
- Lab 7: Configuring Filtering using Oracle GoldenGate (Hands-On)
- Data Integration, Data Migration and Application Migration Implementers
- Data Warehouse/ETL, BI and SOA Consultants
- Enterprise and Industry Solutions Architects
- Database and System Administrators
- Familiarity with databases
- Basic understanding of replication and data integration
This workshop requires attendees to provide their own laptops.
Attendee laptops must meet the following minimum hardware/software requirements:
- Minimum 2GB RAM. 15GB free disk space
- VirtualBox (the latest version)
This class duration is two Days.
8:30am: Sign-in and technical set up
9:00am : Workshop starts
5:00pm : Workshop ends
To Register: You will need an oracle.com account to register. If you do not have one, you can sign up for a free account. To begin the registration process and to sign up for an oracle.com account, select the "Register Here!" button at the top of this page.
To New Users:: For additional information see "New Users - How to Register" above.
Oracle Platform Technologies Enablement Services
| || |
Registration will close two business days prior to the event or earlier if full.
| Oracle GoldenGate Workshop |
March 27-28, 2012