OTN Sys Admin Days are live classroom events with two, parallel hands-on Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux tracks designed for the System Administrator. You'll need to bring your own laptop to follow the practical exercises that we will go through in an Oracle VM VirtualBox environment. Oracle Solaris Track
Oracle Linux Track
- Steps required to use ZFS, including taking snapshots, cloning data, managing your allocation limits, and recovering from errors.
- Oracle Solaris virtualization technologies, learning how to isolate or consolidate the OS, the storage, or the network.
- Oracle Solaris security - helping you walk through the steps to manage privileges, deal with rights and authorizations, and really understand how security is integrated with the Oracle Solaris Service Management Facility (SMF).
Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c
- Overview of Ksplice, zero downtime kernel updates that enable customers to apply security updates, patches and critical bug fixes without rebooting.
- Installing and configuring Oracle VM VirtualBox, importing the Oracle Linux virtual appliance
- Package management on Oracle Linux using RPM and yum.
- Linux services and run levels, how to start and stop them, checking the status of a particular service.
- Preparing block devices, creating physical and logical volumes.
- Introduction to the Btrfs file system.
Best Practices for Deploying Oracle VM
- Learn about Oracle Server management and configuration control
- Explore Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux Management at the enterprise level
- See the Enterprise Manager Application to Disk Value
In this session our best practices engineer will go over specific steps to prepare an environment so you can quickly and easily deploy Oracle VM and virtualize your servers, Learn:
- How to prepare your storage, network and planning of your guests for the deployment
- How you can use Oracle VM to rapidly virtualize and deploy to production enterprise applications in minutes
- Specific steps on how to validate and manage the server pools
Finally, we'll spend the last hour listening to you. What are your most pressing problems? How can we help you do your job better? More easily? For less cost? Or with fewer mistakes?
|8:00 a.m. ||Registration |
System Shakedown (optional)
|9:00 a.m. ||Keynote: Overview of Oracle Operating Systems |
| ||Oracle Solaris Track ||Oracle Linux Track |
|9:30 a.m. ||Overview of Oracle Solaris ||Overview of Oracle Linux |
|10:00 a.m. ||Hands-On Lab: Oracle Solaris ZFS ||Hands-On Lab: Package Management and Configuration |
|11:30 a.m. ||Hands-On Lab: Virtualization ||Hands-On Lab: Storage Management |
|1:00 p.m. ||Lunch |
|2:00 p.m. ||Hands-On Lab: Oracle Solaris Security ||Hands-On Lab: BTRFS |
|3:00 p.m. ||Session: Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center |
|3:30 p.m. ||Session: Best Practices for Deploying Oracle VM |
|4:00 p.m. ||Discussion: Most Pressing Sys Admin Issues |